Esteemed Contributor

Re: A BIG Storm is Heading Our Way!

@Love my grandkids ... I was born and raised in Queens, New York but moved to Southern CA in 1964 and lived there for 40 years.  We had to move to AZ but same as you, my heart will always be in California too.  The best 40 years of my life.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma Ah, a kindred soul! When people here post about being in California I seriously sometimes tear up, I miss it so. No place like it, huh? Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma Ah, a kindred soul! When people here post about being in California I seriously sometimes tear up, I miss it so. No place like it, huh? Heart

@Love my grandkids ... I will be honest though, the earthquakes did not sit too well with me and felt just a bit of relief when we left.  Woman LOL

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma I lived there from birth until 2010 and experienced tons of shakers. A couple of them were pretty awful. I don't miss them but I miss the smog, the June gloom, the cheesy palm trees, the beach, the ocean breeze in the afternoon, all the great eating places in Torrance and Redondo Beach. I could go on but you understand!

I also remember the Bel Air fire when I was a kid. You could see a reflection of the flames as far away as our house.

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids  I think there's a big difference when you grow up with it but I have to tell you that the 1994 quake was something I never want to experience again.  I lived close to the epicenter and I thought the world was coming to an end.

I too miss afternoons when the breeze came in from the ocean and we turned off the ac and opened the windows.   Most of my years in NY we had a summer home and spent a lot of time at the beach, love beaches. The weather was the best, loved vegetable and fruit stands.  Oh, I'm getting homesick.

Respected Contributor

I'm in the NY metro area and we're getting that one today.  We're only under a weather advisory but the way they drive, yikes....

Tomorrow, we have to venture out so it will be not good but necessary, assuradly.

Scared though.  oh boy......wadda gonna do?

Honored Contributor

I'm in the midwest and we got 16" overnight. I hope my snowplow is up for hard work today.

My dog is crossing his legs...he refuses to go out this morning!  He's never had an accident inside and I hope he'll finally go out. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Woke up to snow in Albuquerque.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

I'm in Ohio and our local forecasters have been talking about this for days and days now.  It seems like they said it was supposed to start Monday and then it moved to Monday night into Tuesday and now today.  We have some rain and now the latest is we will get a couple inches of snow only.  

The biggest thing is the temps.  It's going to be very cold here until Sunday.  

Honored Contributor

Here in Colorado Springs there is about 6 inches of new snowfall and it's still snowing. Every bit of it is a blessing and we all pray it will help bring us a little bit out of the severe drought we have been in. My trees are loving it!