Esteemed Contributor

A BIG Storm is Heading Our Way!

Snow levels are predicted to get to 1,500 feet and have about two feet of snow.

The mountains are only about an hour's drive from where I live.

If you look up state route 299, that's where they'll be getting the snow.

Coastal areas, where I am winds are predicted to be around 35 mph, and up to two inches of rain.

We could definitely use the snow and rain.

Time to batten down the hatches!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Re: A BIG Storm is Heading Our Way!

we get winds all the time between 40-60 mph. Don't raise a eyebrow.

rain we got the other night was 1/3 of an inch think it was.

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 What general area are you?

Esteemed Contributor

Dont know if its same storm but we have doctors appointments tomorrow and Wednesday in Phoenix and because of impending heavy snow where we live in Northern Arizona, we came down two days earlier than planned.  Glad we did as Show Low currently has two feet of snow with much more to come in next couple of days.  Phoenix got heavy rain today. DH is so disappointed to miss best snow of the season but I don't miss clearing snow or maybe having to drive in it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Anonymous032819 What general area are you?

@Love my grandkids 

Northwestern California, along the coast.

I  can see the bay from my back deck.

The heart of the redwoods.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 Beautiful area! I spent my first 62 years in Redondo Beach and Torrance, DS and family still live in Redondo. My heart will always be in California. Wishing you well in the stormy weather.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

We've received 13" of snow according to the news at 9:00 PM and it's still coming down! Guess a yardstick will be needed to measure it if I go outside. Smiley Very Happy ETA: Lincoln, NE

Still haven't ventured out for the mail and probably won't until it stops and the snow removal crew has been here. I haven't had boots in 20 years. 

This is the kind of gorgeous snowstorm we loved as kids! Mom would offer to drive us to school and we said, "No, it's fun!" (No snow days in the 1950's and 60's IIRC. Girls had to wear skirts to school so we wore slacks under our dresses; then took them off in the coat closet. By the end of the day, those wet slacks were dry and we were good to go back home (it was only about five blocks). 

This snowstorm is bringing back those childhood memories. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Here in the South Bay of Southern CA, we had fierce winds all day. The palm fronds have littered the streets and yards and we lost power for about 5 hours today. We had no heat so with the wind, it was cold!

Honored Contributor

@Flatbush Oh my, I just talked to my DS in Redondo and he told me the same thing. I love it when anyone posts from California. If you see my other post on this thread you will understand!

I love Redondo Beach and Torrance. We spent hours on the pier with DS as a kid. Then we went with him and his familly years later. Sigh. Wonderful memories.

Super Contributor

My daughter in Oceanside sent pictures about an hour ago of Hail and Snow in Oceanside.  She said the winds started last night and have blown strong all day, then Hail and Snow this evening.  Pretty unusual in Cali.  I remember when it snowed tabout 6 inches in Ventura in 1949, my younger brother and I built a snowman in front of the lemon groves where we lived.