Highlighted
QVC Customer Care

Re: A 48.5 Million dollar Bill for the Royal Wedding.....

Respected Contributor

As long as they don’t ask me to help pay for it that’s fine.  I don’ t care what it cost.  It’s their money.  

Super Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@Liverbird1 wrote:

Yes I agree . All this talk about about charity  

.When it comes down to it it really is all about themselves . eg expensive engagement dress , wedding dress , etc .That money could feed the poor .

Beware, people still insist.....it's all about the little people, yeah sure...........They could have eloped imo but I guess the public circus was important to them. 

—————————

The British Monarchy is a centuries old tradition. The children are born into it, learn their roles, the rules, their responsibilities, their duties.  

I don’t think Princes, tend to run and elope.  

Honored Contributor

I'm sure when the tourist dollars are tallied up, they are money ahead

From the size of the crowd and the happiness of the people, they don't begrudge the money spent

I once saw figures about how much the Royal Family costs the taxpayer every year, and it cost about the same as buying a pizza

No one ever seems to worry about anything, but  money, not good ill, happiness, bonding with the family, all things like this matter . If people didn't want them ,they would be gone

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I'm sure when the tourist dollars are tallied up, they are money ahead

From the size of the crowd and the happiness of the people, they don't begrudge the money spent

I once saw figures about how much the Royal Family costs the taxpayer every year, and it cost about the same as buying a pizza

No one ever seems to worry about anything, but  money, not good ill, happiness, bonding with the family, all things like this matter . If people didn't want them ,they would be gone

I do wonder like i said in another post, where does all the money come from to keep their life styles, so many  live in such   luxury, and all the castles,and other housing they have ,diamonds ,cars ect.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Queen uses some of her considerable fortune to support the family

The jewels have been gifts and inherited. The crowns belong to the state, as do the castles.  The castle's  in part , are open to the public for tourists, not the family quarters of course

Tourism is a big part of the British economy. I once read a report, that stated the tax bill for valium, cost more than what was allocated for the royals

Windsor castle is 1,000 years old. It would be there, Queen or not. It wasn't built for her

Esteemed Contributor

I am Canadian.  We get a hefty bill each year to support the Royal Family.  Many people think there are much more worthy causes than the Royal Family.  When it comes up, it is always a debate.

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

The Queen uses some of her considerable fortune to support the family

The jewels have been gifts and inherited. The crowns belong to the state, as do the castles.  The castle's  in part , are open to the public for tourists, not the family quarters of course

Tourism is a big part of the British economy. I once read a report, that stated the tax bill for valium, cost more than what was allocated for the royals

Windsor castle is 1,000 years old. It would be there, Queen or not. It wasn't built for her

The cost of up keep,and all else ,it must be extremely expensive, all is nice ,but i do wonder how it all is paid for.

Honored Contributor

Alan Reid, Keeper of the Privy Purse, said the newly released accounts show that the royal family costs each taxpayer about 65 pence per year, representing the cost of a first-class stamp.Jun 27, 2017

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Alan Reid, Keeper of the Privy Purse, said the newly released accounts show that the royal family costs each taxpayer about 65 pence per year, representing the cost of a first-class stamp.Jun 27, 2017

I question that.