Esteemed Contributor

Re: 98 Facet Affinity Diamond Band Ring

On 1/8/2015 SoftRaindrops said:

Gem network has had numerous lawsuits for misrepresentation of the quality of their merchandise. Just a heads up....

Anytime I get jewelry it goes straight to my jeweler who has been a certified gemologist for over 30 yrs. I have gotten tanzanites, morganites and emeralds from there and he has said the tanzanite and emerald were one of the best quality gems he has ever seen. He said the one morganite ring (that I just mentioned in a previous post) was average but he felt the price was great. You can be ripped off anywhere, that is for sure and I always make sure any place I buy jewelry from always has great return policies just in case. I have probably bought maybe 10 items from there and I have been very happy with all of them. I mean I know Q isn't known to have stellar quality jewelry and that is fine, it has served my purposes in the past but I was just shocked at the cost of this ring, that is all.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

On 1/8/2015 Irshgrl31201 said:

Gem network has had numerous lawsuits for misrepresentation of the quality of their merchandise. Just a heads up....

Anytime I get jewelry it goes straight to my jeweler who has been a certified gemologist for over 30 yrs. I have gotten tanzanites, morganites and emeralds from there and he has said the tanzanite and emerald were one of the best quality gems he has ever seen. He said the one morganite ring (that I just mentioned in a previous post) was average but he felt the price was great. You can be ripped off anywhere, that is for sure and I always make sure any place I buy jewelry from always has great return policies just in case. I have probably bought maybe 10 items from there and I have been very happy with all of them. I mean I know Q isn't known to have stellar quality jewelry and that is fine, it has served my purposes in the past but I was just shocked at the cost of this ring, that is all.

I won't belabor my points but you are incorrect in your previous summary.

The largest number of diamonds sold in this country are not H or I in color. Diamonds are graded from D through Z and K is average color. I 3, I 2 and I 1 are often used in commercial jewelry. SI grades of clarity are considered fairly nice but VS is what Tiffany's, Cartier and other high end jewelers sell.

Also if you want something appraised no one should go to their "jeweler" rather an independent appraiser who does NOT sell jewelry.This is standard in the industry.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/8/2015 Irshgrl31201 said:

I won't belabor my points but you are incorrect in your previous summary.

The largest number of diamonds sold in this country are not H or I in color. Diamonds are graded from D through Z and K is average color. I 3, I 2 and I 1 are often used in commercial jewelry. SI grades of clarity are considered fairly nice but VS is what Tiffany's, Cartier and other high end jewelers sell.

Also if you want something appraised no one should go to their "jeweler" rather an independent appraiser who does NOT sell jewelry.This is standard in the industry.

Oh boy. He is not just a jeweler, he is a gemologist that also does appraisals. His store in general does not do appraisals because that is a conflict of interest but he is a neighbor and a personal friend. As a matter of fact his daughter has taken over his store and does most of the repairs and he does the buying. You are incorrect

<h2>The Most Common Diamond Color</h2>

When it comes to color, you should know that white/colorless diamonds are pretty rare, although they are very sought after. In reality, most diamonds mined have a yellow or brownish tint. Since people usually don’t like to wear diamonds that are noticeably yellow, stones that are visibly tinted are not common in jewelry stores. So, the most common diamonds on the market are in the Near Colorless range, and more specifically, the stones with color grades H and I.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

These weren't ordinary Affinity diamonds. As SR said they are minimum H/VS, 40 points total weight.

As a comparison Blue Nile lists a 14K white gold ring, 20 points, I/SI2 for $760.

The price of that Affinity ring shouldn't shock you.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

Why do find the need to insult people who may like Affinity jewelry?

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Respected Contributor

On 1/9/2015 Lotus~ said:

Why do find the need to insult people who may like Affinity jewelry?

Don't know Lotus. If they're graded it's easy to compare diamonds from store to store. The Affinity tennis (line) bracelet was pricy too but it was 3cts of H/VS set in 18K.

Nothing wrong with Affinity as long as you know what you're buying.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____