Respected Contributor

@Vivian, I know a little drought is good for fruit because the sugars concentrate. What happens to Apple's though?

On that note, for those who are thinking about Apple and pumpkin pie, here is how Floridians celebrate:

Publix Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream

Chased by a nice cold glass if cider!

Stay cool....

Poodlepet2

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know about the apples but I do know about those of us with a well. When rain is rare, we have to conserve water seriously. Short showers and going to a laundromat become requirements. We had a rainy spring and early summer. That was great. Summer 2016 was a nightmare. I had to explain to my houseguests why they could not take long showers. We are back to that again.

Esteemed Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@Katcat1 @Susan Louise @magicmoodz and all: I'm in the Chicago area...it's way too hot for this time of the year...it really zaps your energy and drinking water is imperative.

This afternoon I was flopped on our green fainting couch and couldn't do much of anything (except watch the lapis jewelry show on another shopping channel Woman Surprised).

Sending positive cooling thoughts to everyone and praying for those who have lost so much in the hurricanes. Heart

@EdithEllenLily

Hi EEL!  Nice to see you! Your comments do make me feel guilty for grousing about the temperature when there is so much tragedy in the world.  I can't imagine what it would be like to lose everything as we live, work and play in the comfort of air-conditioning.  

Warm weather doesn't usually bother me and I can take hot over cold.  But (without complaining) can I just say it is like hot air from a furnace blowing outside.

You are so cute--flopping on your fainting couch watching blue lapis.  I hope you found a lovely baubble to take your mind off the heat! 😍😚😉  

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@Katcat1 @Susan Louise @magicmoodz and all: I'm in the Chicago area...it's way too hot for this time of the year...it really zaps your energy and drinking water is imperative.

This afternoon I was flopped on our green fainting couch and couldn't do much of anything (except watch the lapis jewelry show on another shopping channel Woman Surprised).

Sending positive cooling thoughts to everyone and praying for those who have lost so much in the hurricanes. Heart

@EdithEllenLily

Hi EEL!  Nice to see you! Your comments do make me feel guilty for grousing about the temperature when there is so much tragedy in the world.  I can't imagine what it would be like to lose everything as we live, work and play in the comfort of air-conditioning.  

Warm weather doesn't usually bother me and I can take hot over cold.  But (without complaining) can I just say it is like hot air from a furnace blowing outside.

You are so cute--flopping on your fainting couch watching blue lapis.  I hope you found a lovely baubble to take your mind off the heat! 😍😚😉 

@magicmoodz Hi! I am the same feeling guilty for complaining...there is so much going on everywhere it's overwhelming! And I'm with you on preferring hot over cold, which we both get enough of in the winter. Woman Frustrated

Well, I did order something from the lapis show...and the lapis is from India. The cross is an enhancer so it can be worn on other things and I have other enhancers to use on the lapis beads.

Sterling Silver Lapis Cross Enhancer with 18-inch beaded necklace

-- 165-132

165-132- Gem Insider® Sterling Silver Lapis Cross Enhancer w/ 18" Beaded Necklace

Stay cool to you and to all! Good to see you, too! Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@EdithEllenLily

Oh I like your new lapis necklace--simple lines always sing to me!  I hope you love it and wear it in good health!

It is only suppose to get up to 87° today so we will be getting a bit of a reprieve from yesterday's heat.  One good thing about this time of year, it does tend to cool down at night.  Once the sun set last night we enjoyed sitting out on the patio and it was perfect!

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@EdithEllenLily

Oh I like your new lapis necklace--simple lines always sing to me!  I hope you love it and wear it in good health!

It is only suppose to get up to 87° today so we will be getting a bit of a reprieve from yesterday's heat.  One good thing about this time of year, it does tend to cool down at night.  Once the sun set last night we enjoyed sitting out on the patio and it was perfect!

@magicmoodz Thank you! Heart 

I'm so glad it's a little better there for you today! That patio sounds relaxing and comfortable with the cooler evening temperatures. Woman Happy

It's going to be 93 today and then 90 the next two days after that and then 87. But on Wednesday with a high of 73, think of me opening the windows and doing a bit of a happy dance here, LOL. 

Enjoy your day to you and to everyone!! Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: 94 degrees in Chicago

[ Edited ]

I guess I should not complain as our weather this week will be in the low 80's until Wednesday[ central NJ] then it goes into the seventies. I think this weather is called Indian summer. At least for us on the east coast. Hope your heat wave goes away soon and you all get some relief. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: 94 degrees in Chicago

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@EdithEllenLily

@magicmoodz Thank you! Heart 

I'm so glad it's a little better there for you today! That patio sounds relaxing and comfortable with the cooler evening temperatures. Woman Happy

It's going to be 93 today and then 90 the next two days after that and then 87. But on Wednesday with a high of 73, think of me opening the windows and doing a bit of a happy dance here, LOL. 

Enjoy your day to you and to everyone!! Woman Very Happy

@EdithEllenLily

Can I do that happy dance with you?  I much prefer all the windows and patio door open.  I am energized when I can hear the sounds of life outside--babies squealing with glee, dogs barking hello to each other, a group of patrons enjoying their meal at a sidewalk cafe.  When I can't hear those sounds I start feeling stifled.  

But every once in a while and being a good sport, I give in to my husband's wishes to blow cold air within the confines of our home. 😕

Valued Contributor
I know it's too hot. Fall may have officially arrived yesterday, but I think it's being shy and hiding. I actually lit two of my new Slatkin candles and have them burning right now while my fan is on full blast. It smells like Fall Smiley Happy in my home but feels like Summer. Smiley Sad
Honored Contributor

It is 82 here in maine today!!!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.