Esteemed Contributor

Here in upstate New York, we'll be having temperatures in the mid 80s for a week more with no rain forecast. It feels a bit strange. We've often had frost by this time in years past.

Honored Contributor

It is 60 degrees in the Seattle area.  Rainy this morning - now partly sunny.  

Honored Contributor

Re: 94 degrees in Chicago

[ Edited ]

We had a heatwave in San Francisco a couple of weeks ago.  You know, the fog city.  

SF gets up to 90 once in a great while, this time our heat wave lasted a couple of weeks and got up to 106 degrees.

106 !!!!!!

Climate change.

Honored Contributor

Our high in eastern Nebraska was 94 too...and with winds gusting to 35+ mph, it's like a blast furnace outside. It's supposed to be the same tomorrow...oy!

Thankfully in a few days the temps will be going down after a cold front passes through around Monday.

When I consider other weather issues/disasters other areas are dealing with, I won't complain. It puts it all into perspective real fast.

Honored Contributor

It is cool here in nocal.  Cool being about 72 ..  This has been a hot few weeks, so cool is welcome  Seems not too long ago it was 114,,,

i really do feel bad for people effected by all the floods and hurricanes. Those that are without means, power, homes,  i don't have A/C, and really suffered during te heat wave. BUT. I had a home, tons of fans, plenty of ice, and lots of friends to whine too.  People are going through these horrific events, without power, surrounded by  bugs, foul water a precursor to disease, and no home,  or staying in a partial home.  It is not like one wakes up the next day, and all is fixed.....no, you have to endure and do most of the work yourself.   The blessing is that at the heart, people are good.  They help, they survive.

Respected Contributor

91 degrees here today.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 @Susan Louise @magicmoodz and all: I'm in the Chicago area...it's way too hot for this time of the year...it really zaps your energy and drinking water is imperative.

This afternoon I was flopped on our green fainting couch and couldn't do much of anything (except watch the lapis jewelry show on another shopping channel Woman Surprised).

Sending positive cooling thoughts to everyone and praying for those who have lost so much in the hurricanes. Heart

Honored Contributor

Re: 94 degrees in Chicago

[ Edited ]

We have had a warm dry summer here  in Seattle, but we just turned on the furnace today as it barely reached 60 degrees...  feels like fall.

Respected Contributor

@sgraham30 wrote:

The heat wave in the Chicago area is supposed to last up to & including Sunday, with high's in the 90's Fri, Sat, & Sun. Naturally, one of my AC units decided that it had had enough (actually I decided I'd had enough, I've had over $1,000 in repairs already this year on a 4 year old unit--confirmed leaky evaporator coil) I already have confirmation that the evaporator coil is leaking, A.W.E. wanted to charge me another $568 to do their own confirmation, I told them to take a hike. The name of the company involved is Air,Water, Energy in Carol Stream, IL. I strongly suggest not purchasing anything from them. 

I have 2 AC units (split ductwork in house) The main level is currently 78 degrees, this is with the AC that IS working, upstairs it was 83 degrees when I was up there a few hours ago.

We're in the southwest suburb about 5 miles out of the actual city.  We are in the process of moving out of state and and to go the lawyer's office.  We stopped for a hot dog and came right home.  DH said we are not going out of the house tomorrow and he's right!  This is crazy.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm in the western Chicago burbs and it's HOT.  And terribly  terribly dry.  The grass is like straw and the birds hang out at my bird bath all day.  But I remember late September and early October being real hot alot of years and I've been in and around Chicago all my life.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth