Honored Contributor

Re: 900,000 Bikers honor POW/MIA Memorial Day weekend

[ Edited ]

My first husband served in VietNam in the Air Force ... my husband was and will always be a Marine- he served proudly on an aircraft carrier during VietNam......  Both my parents were in WWII, my daddy was on the front line laying power lines..... my mom was the admin. to the head honcho at Camp Pendleton..  They are both buried in a Military Garden together..  

I couldn't be prouder and think the roaring sound of 900,000 motorcycles for one day isn't asking too much!  They aren't meant to inconveniece anyone but honor those that gave the ultimate, their life for our freedom and country..

• Image result for memorial day images
Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@Suziepeach

My utmost respect and appreciation to your military family, as well as to all military families!Heart 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Suziepeach

My utmost respect and appreciation to your military family, as well as to all military families!Heart 

@KingstonsMom, I, too, have much respect and appreciation as you do!

That's how my parents' met- neither of them, especially daddy, would speak of the time they served.  We never asked any questions of him.  As a matter of fact, many, many moons later, my mom became the VA representative in our small town, right up until her death.  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

Bravo!! Bikers get a bad rap but Every. SIngle. Biker. that I know has been the most generous and willing to help anyone individual. A FAR cry from other's I've met over the years who people assume are "wonderful neighbors".

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

One day of inconvenience for some vs. a lifetime of loss for many......

@KingstonsMom, you siad what people NEED to hear and understand. Thank you.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

included among the bikers was SOS Rex Tillerson who is a motorcyclist.  an amazing showing for our servicepeople.  a good day to embrace our liberties (even the snark) and the price paid for them.  i remember with enduring love Capt Thomas J Hayes IV who fell in Vietnam, April/1968. let us remember that liberty is not free.

QVC Customer Care

Occasional Contributor

My husband was also Vietnam era and continued to stay with the military as a National Guard  SFC1 till retirement  time. I am so proud of our military people and all these bikers who show up in DC every year to honor our men and women who lost their lives so we could keep our freedom in this wonderful country of ours. They are also there to remind us of the military people who have never returned back to their country, so God Bless till we bring them ALL HOME!

QVC Customer Care

Please do your part to keep this thread on topic

Respected Contributor

I remember the first rolling thunder.  People didnt quite know what to make of them.  I worked at a govt. building near The Wall and they camped all over our property all weekend.    Our security detail was very tolerant.  At that time most of the bikers were Vietnam Era Veterans.  Every year it grew.  This year i worried about our crumbling Memorial Bridge withstanding the weight but it is still above water!  I havent heard as many roars this weekend as I usually do,  That 900,000 is riders but none of the local newstations have estimates that high.  Nonetheless it is an enormous number of men and women making a statement every year.  Traffic inconvenience IMHO is a small price to pay.  We are well advised of what to expect on Memorial Day Weekend. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸