Honored Contributor

Re: 90,000 Without Power in Montgomery County, MD

JaneMarple, below is Channel 4, NBC, WRC's online news re the power outage.

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/small-plane-dangles-from-power-transmission-tower-in-montgo...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank heavens your daughter could text!

I'm happy to hear that there is a united approach to remedy the situation.  Your daughters live in an area of conscientious and civic-minded people.

I feel sorry for anyone returning home from a Thanksgiving trip and having the surprise of a power outage.

Respected Contributor

It was just announced that all county schools will be closed tomorrow due to the power outage.

All of the danger, human resources, closed schools, and inconvenience this "pilot error" has caused is frightening.

I hope his license is taken away and he is not allowed to fly again.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Esteemed Contributor

There is going to be alot of Explaining ..... how this happened .

Yea, have family that  has been affected by the power outage

Esteemed Contributor

I just read on local news that the passenger was a woman from the greater New Orleans area. Small world. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

I live in MoCo, MD 1/2 mile from NIH, not affected....this accident happened up in Gaithersburg.

Esteemed Contributor

I read in Washington Post that pilot was involved in another plane damaging accident over 10 years ago. The pilot, who is 65, should lose his license.

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple   Very, very scary.  I'm so glad rescuers got the two people out of the plane -- they do have serious injuries though. 

PEPCO got power back on to most (I have cousins that live there).  I pray everything is back to normal soon.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

VIA THE BALTIMORE SUN

plane crash.jpg

plane crash 2.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Kudos to the brave first responders, rescue teams and power company techs that were involved in this rescue.

Although power was restored by 1:30 am to most, the schools were still not able to open.  Once the power is cut to a school, it must be checked for safety after the power comes back on. 

The money lost by the county due to this incident is mind boggling.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF