Honored Contributor

Re: 9/11 husband sends back wife’s ‘Glamour’ award over Caitlyn Jenner

Not saying right or wrong, but I believe when Laverne cox got the award, a lot of people didn't know who she was, she didn't have the publicity as Caitlyn Jenner...... 

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom, whatever his reasons I won't quesion.  The poor man had enough heartache so his choice was his choice... 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MaggieMack wrote:

What a man! I love his conviction and willingness to speak his mind in this overly PC world.

I totally agree with you!!!!!  This makes me want to stand up and cheer.  What a man, indeed!!!  I support his decision 1000 percent!

Trusted Contributor

I admire the courage and principle of this NYPD spouse to return the devalued award.    

Jenner is nothing but a publicity wh#*@!.    He has always been about the money.    I do not respect him.   

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good for him!

And shame on Glamour magazine! When I saw the list of those they passed up, I was livid. There were some incredibly courageous and tough individuals. What about the Charleston shootings? The women's soccer team.

I am really over the Kardashians. Caitlyn was tied in with that. DL Hughley put it succintly (his comments over another honor she recieved.) "All he did was put on a dress." I will remember Bruce Jenner for his contributions to sports. As Caitllyn, the sooner they turn that page, the better. I really feel for people who are transgender, trapped in their bodies and who lack the funds to be "brave Caitlyn." If she weren't a Kardashian Jenner, who would have cared?  She had money and exposure. That doesn't make you a hero. You can give her all the People's Choice Awards you want, but it really cheapens the award for a woman was sole female NYPD officer to fall on 9/11.

Think of all the unsung female heroes. We don't even their names.

Honored Contributor

Great for him to show his love and continue to honor his wife.

No comparison to a 9/11 responder/hero and Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I absolutely believe that none of us knows for certain what we would do in a specific situation until we are faced with it.  

While I'm pretty sure I would not follow his lead, I do think that grief is a very personal thing and that each of us has the right to mourn and honor our lost love ones in the way that we feel is most meaningful and respectful to them and ourselves.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Valued Contributor

SaRina, it is your opinion, though misguided.

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

It may be horribly politically incorrect, but I support his right to feel this way, speak these words, and feel his feelings.

If we have to be tolerant of a man that wants to be a woman we have to be tolerant of those who disagree with it or feel it is wrong, and speak up about their needs and feelings like Jenner has.

You mean tolerant of intolerance?

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Trusted Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

My Pastor use to say "Just because something is politically correct does not mean it is morally correct".

Oh well then, if your Pastor says so, it must be so.

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In