Honored Contributor

Re: 9/11 husband sends back wife’s ‘Glamour’ award over Caitlyn Jenner

When I hear or read the term "politically correct" I think "According to who's politics?"  Everyone has their own political beliefs/opinions, so what is correct for one is not always correct for another.

Honored Contributor

I see I'm in the minority here, but that's ok.  I think it speaks poorly of HIM to do that.  

OTOH, he is entitled to his opinion and I don't dispute that.   If that is how he feels, he should feel free to express that in his actions, as he has done.  I would disagree with him but that's the way it goes!  Smiley Happy

I think there is too much of teaching people what to believe, how to think, and who the bad people and who the good people are, out there.  If people would just not listen to the ugliness and agenda-filled proclamations, it would be a better world, IMO.

Respected Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

Ah.....not the first transgender woman to win.

Laverne Cox won Woman of the Year 2014

Where was the outrage then?

No one noticed?   I think CJ's never ending publicity is the biggest problem.  Not sure what she did to deserve this in the first place.  Money talks apparently.

Not sure who could take this magazine seriously in the first place.  

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

It's the husband's prerogative, though misguided.

Trusted Contributor

Glamour Award?  Do you really think this a BIGGIE?  Now if it was from ALLURE, that would  be the bees' knees.  Glamour  Mag. is the pits.

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I see I'm in the minority here, but that's ok.  I think it speaks poorly of HIM to do that.  

OTOH, he is entitled to his opinion and I don't dispute that.   If that is how he feels, he should feel free to express that in his actions, as he has done.  I would disagree with him but that's the way it goes!  Smiley Happy

I think there is too much of teaching people what to believe, how to think, and who the bad people and who the good people are, out there.  If people would just not listen to the ugliness and agenda-filled proclamations, it would be a better world, IMO.

I join you on that bench.  I agree with you 100%.  It speaks very poorly of him.   He is entitled to his feelings but I do not agree of his actions. 

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Honored Contributor

It's his right to return the award. I find it to be sad and petty.

And  I very much wish that people would be more careful about trotting out the PC card all the time; it diminishes MY right to hold the opinion that regardless what I may think about Jenner as a person, I do think that she has brought attention to the bias and ridicule so often endured by transgenders.

There's room in the world for both awards. But again, his right to send it back. I personally would have kept it in honor of my spouse.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@biancardi wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

I join you on that bench.  I agree with you 100%.  It speaks very poorly of him.   He is entitled to his feelings but I do not agree of his actions. 

cb and b, move over.  I'm on that bench with ya. Smiley Happy

Waving hi to suzy, Smiley Happy

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

It's his right to return the award. I find it to be sad and petty.

And  I very much wish that people would be more careful about trotting out the PC card all the time; it diminishes MY right to hold the opinion that regardless what I may think about Jenner as a person, I do think that she has brought attention to the bias and ridicule so often endured by transgenders.

There's room in the world for both awards. But again, his right to send it back. I personally would have kept it in honor of my spouse.

and we see a lot of that here at the Q boards.  Very sad.

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Honored Contributor

@dmod nj, Waving back at you

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland