Respected Contributor

Re: 73 yr. old woman in India had twins, your thoughts.

@Tyak wrote:

@kivah wrote:

WOW!!! I'm 78 yrs young and I still have a chance???????

The question is....do you want that chance???

LMAO!! 

Apparently some folks do!

Trusted Contributor

Some people are a glutton for punishment. Old age and screaming kids. Whoopieeeeee!!!!!

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

The thought of being pregnant, having a child and raising a third child after the age of 35 was too much for me.  After my two were in school all day, I could not imagine repeating it all.  Yes, indeed.  Doing it at 73 is beyond my comprehension.  I cannot even wrap my mind around it.  They aren't stupid, they know what their lifespan is so their must be younger friends or relatives who agreed to raise the children when they die or are just too old raise those children.  Which could happen in just a few years.  I assume they are wealthy or at least quite well off because they will need household and childcare help.  It's sad that those children will bury both their parents when they are still very young children.  

It's beyond "sad that those children will bury both their parents when they are still very young children."  It's child abuse.

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 Your reply is so funny. I'm sitting here LMAO. I woke my dog up and he's looking at me like I'm crazy. Good one!

Honored Contributor

My parents had four of us children in their 40's and 50's.  They had been trying for years, with no success.  Finally their prayers were answered.

When I was a child, well into young adulthood, I heard people say all the negative things I am reading on this forum.  My parents even got rude comments from family members.  

I am so glad that my mother put them into their place.  People tried to shame  her with their comments about her "change of life" children.  I was happy to learn I wasn't a mistake, unwanted or an Oops.

BTW, my mother did not go into menopause until she was 60.  Just because having children late in life was not for you, doesn't mean it's disgusting for others.

Esteemed Contributor

My opinion, I wish them well, but rather them than me! I had my children when I was 22 and 24, and my Mom died (of a massive heart attack), 15 days after my first child was born. Sadly, my children never got to know her. Plus my Moms mom died at age 28 and her father died at age 46 both also of heart issues. After all this, I said I would never have children after age 30, and I didn't.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wonder if they know the twin’s egg donor?

(If something happened to the mother/father,

the child would go to the donor mother)

Esteemed Contributor

First time I heard about this... I did a Danny Thomas spit take when I read your post O/P.Woman Surprised All I can say is Cray Cray.Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

This is a beautiful story. How many rich older men have children with a young wife?. No one says anything.

Those geezer dads have their children with wives who are decades younger. The children aren't orphaned at young age when geezer dad dies.  And before that, they have young mother raising them.  There's huge difference.  

Honored Contributor

I haven't read the whole thread but my first reaction is that it is unfair to the children who will lose their parents at a young age.