Honored Contributor

Re: 73 yr. old woman in India had twins, your thoughts.

I’m guessing she was a surrogate....

having someone else’s babies a-la Phoebe Buffay

“It’s her egg and his sperm.

I'm just the oven.

It’s totally their bun.”

Esteemed Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

@MorningLover wrote:

How could they afford the very expensive cost of this over the top treatments? ....

Some claim the couple were allowed to have the treatment for free in order to set a new record.

The average cost of IVF in India is between the equivalent of £1,130 to £1,415. The clinic where they were treated though waived the fees.

Yahoo

This would confirm my suspicions.....it was a science experiement....

@tsavorite ...And they were probably paid a good sum for it...at the risk of their healths!

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is a beautiful story. How many rich older men have children with a young wife?. No one says anything.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nuttmeg wrote:

This is a beautiful story. How many rich older men have children with a young wife?. No one says anything.I

@Nuttmeg ...The rich older men aren't the ones going through a nine month pregnancy and giving birth!...lol

So you are comparing a young wife to a 73 year old woman?

This was extremely risky and I'm having a difficult time believing that they decided on their own to have a child/children at their ages...As another poster stated, it sounds like some kind of a scientific experiment and the couple were probably offered a good sum of money also.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom wrote:

I'm just the oven.

It’s totally their bun.”

The 73yr old was the surrogate for someone's egg??  It still seems impossible...most women are thur meno by 51yrs of age....the organs totally shrink up ....shrivel up to nothing.  You need a rich lining in your shriveled up uterus to keep a pregnancy much more so with TWINS!  I am still not truly believing this woman truly carried any buns in her very old oven which never worked in the first place.

Oh one other thought someone posted that she was offered 1 free IVF treatment....right most couples have to try many times before it works!  I just think they are all making this up.

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

I'm just the oven.

It’s totally their bun.”

The 73yr old was the surrogate for someone's egg??  It still seems impossible...most women are thur meno by 51yrs of age....the organs totally shrink up ....shrivel up to nothing.  You need a rich lining in your shriveled up uterus to keep a pregnancy much more so with TWINS!  I am still not truly believing this woman truly carried any buns in her very old oven which never worked in the first place.

Oh one other thought someone posted that she was offered 1 free IVF treatment....right most couples have to try many times before it works!  I just think they are all making this up.

I was just guessing it was a surrogate because 

I can’t imagine any 73yo woman still having her own eggs to be fertilized.

This has to be a surrogate situation (IMO).

Honored Contributor

I wonder if they had to undergo a psychological evaluation before this was done. I think they are both nuts. 

Respected Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@tsavorite wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

I'm just the oven.

It’s totally their bun.”

I was just guessing it was a surrogate because 

I can’t imagine any 73yo woman still having her own eggs to be fertilized.

This has to be a surrogate situation (IMO).

I get what your saying but my BS detector has been going off ever since I read the title to this thread LOL!  

I simply do not believe she had her own egg or used her old oven in this process!

Trusted Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

There is a high probability that they won't  live to see those kids grow to 18. 

@CrazyKittyLvr2

I'm 59 yrs old and I'm adopted. My biological mother died 5 years before I found her. My adopted mother died of breast cancer when I was 9. The last 3 years of her life was spent on our livingroom couch. I don't remember anything about her before then. My adopted father remarried several years later.

My point is many variables can happen in one's life. There are a lot of folks who didn't have a mother/father or both for most if not all of their life. It does not determine one's own destiny.

By the time I got married when I was 40, it was too late for me to have kids. We could not afford the expensive procedures and adoption was out of the question. Since I was over 40, adoption agencies in the USA turn potential parents away! We didn't have the 10's of thousands of dollars to adopt a child overseas.

Kudos to the woman who made her dream possible. I can only live vicariously through her. Isn't it nice when anyone reaches their dreams Smiley Happy

There are many people over 40 adopting babies in the U.S. 

There are also more than you'd think who have babies naturally, on their own, at over age 40.  My youngest son is 21.  I had him when I was 43, with nothing but Mother Nature's help.  (Don't think I wasn't worried.  He's doing very well, in college, works, and the Army Reserves.  He's been a blessing to me and his dad!)

Respected Contributor

At least they can share each other's diapers (baby & mama).