Trusted Contributor

Re: 70 New Brands Will Debut on QVC and HSN

@Sooner wrote:

QVC may be more out-of-touch with, and oblivious to modern society than I am.  I didn't think that was possible.

A zillion more lines of cheap stuff and makeup?  Oh boy!  Woman Frustrated

-----   
Out of curiosity, what would you like to see? 

I'd love to see, unique, beautiful pieces, in 14 &18k gold, but, with the current prices of gold, I realize, not realistic, for a home shopping channel. I'm afraid, that ship has sailed. 

Honored Contributor

There were 654 entries.  Seventy "winners" from that list have made it across HSN & QVC.  How can that be seen as a negative when all I ever see on the boards is we want new products?

If just 10% of those 70 are interesting and priced right, I'm all for it.  I will at least wait and see what is presented before passing judgement.  

Honored Contributor

You would think QVC discovered IT cosmetics. It was on tv as an infomercial for ages. I was so sick of seeing it so often, sometimes on more than one channel and then it comes on QVC like it's something new they just discovered. Never could quite understand that. Then it was sold and all the changes have probably begun. I guess the only good thing is that people who like it don't have to order thru a nightmare infomercial. Guthy-Renker probably. Spare me!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When QVC looks for the items in their Big Find...I wish they'd look for----

Nicely crafted fashion jewelry

Affordable silver jewelry

UNIQUE and NEW kitchen gadgets ---(QVC goes to these Trade Shows and Market Conventions and always seem to come back with the same things just a different brand)...Woman Frustrated

UNIQUE & NEW home decor items and home gadgets---(QVC PLEASE stop purchasing items that are ALL THE SAME---For example, all those lanterns you brought in and the only difference was the vendor....and looking at some of the shows you sure got stuck with a lot of them---one can only use so many lanterns and not many ways you can design a lantern that's really different....a lanterns a lantern!.  Same thing with throws, and please STOP the GILI Home Line its AWFUL!!!, and bring in a vendor that truly knows home decor).

Please add some truly different clothing lines at a truly competitive price with Department Stores---Hey QVC all your clothing lines LOOK THE SAME (do we see a pattern here that I keep mentioning)...

PLEASE we dont need any more shoe lines...indunated with them and they are becoming as prevelant as beauty items...OVERSATURATION....between beauty & shoes we hardly get any CLOTHING on style shows anymore....Woman Sad  And this category just speaks VOLUMES for lots of returns with sizing all over the place....I go up a size with Ryka, my normal size with Clark, half a size up for Sketcher....etc etc...

How about AFFORDABLE handbags....those priced around the $50-$60 range and I dont mean LUG or Travelon or Vera Bradley either.... 

Pet Products---toys and accessories, and please not just things for dogs...felines want things too.....

These are my suggestions...of course the QVC Buying Team might actually have to do some work for a living, instead of just re-ordering the SAME things year after year....or bringing in different vendors but their products are the same or similiar to what QVC ALREADY SELLS!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

Okay so 70 new brands and just how many will survive? Think of how many brands have come and gone. It never ends.

@SilleeMee 

It makes me think they are trying to resurrect a bit of the 50/50 Tour from long ago...The 50/50 Tour was before my time as a QVC Shopper but from what I understand it brought some good, new, unique, and interesting products to QVC....But this "Big Find" seems to be more of the same type of FLOP that QVC did on the Today Show awhile back to find entrepreneurs...but it looks like their line didnt last and it was just a one and done deal.... More QVC publicity than SUBSTANCE! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt 

they are bringing in a vegan/recycled materials handbag line. looks like the pricing is on the high side. the name of the company is LA BANTE.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Oh my G-d!

Only here would people complain about seeing the same old, same old, and wanting the Q to bring NEW brands in, and when they do, people STILL complain!

The Q can't win for loosing with some of y'all.

It's like some people just love to hate on the Q.

@Anonymous032819 

And I guess if people "just love to hate on QVC",  then everything must be hunkydorey at QVC, and  that's  why QVC's sales have been so "robust and profitable" lately! (sarcasm).....And they keep hiring new Execs....for fun...

Re-read the comments and suggestions --- These so called "new" products are just MORE OF THE SAME categories that are already OVERSATURATED and on OVERKILL!!! What people are saying is what QVC Execs & Buyers think is new, isnt really new at all.....Customers are looking for a variety of truly unique and different products we dont see everywhere....Woman Frustrated  QVC goes to these Trade Shows that have hundreds of truly unique items...but QVC is stuck in a rut and its a continued repetition of the same ole, same ole just the brand is different!!! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

Since I rarely buy beauty products, I'm not impressed with 34 new being added.  Yikes!  They must get a tremendous mark-up on beauty products.

@Krimpette The term "overload" definately comes to mind!

I don't know about you, but i'd love to see some new talent like Rachel Roe, Jen Rade, and Pamela Dennis.  Let's not forget Bradley Bayou when he brought his beautiful items here!

@ECBG   Both LDO and Bradley Bayou had high-end products of natural materials but you know QVC stopped both BB and LDO from having nice items when they brought in the invincible IM.  I bought one item too many.  LDO went to a cheaper line as did BB.  Bradley left because his cheap did not sell and LDO has barely held on.  It's a shame.  Pamela Dennis (I loved) brought great items as did Chloe Dao.  I don't think they wanted to work on the cheap.  Rachel Zoe, the same. Victor Costa had great occasional wear items and George Simonton had great jackets.  Gone.  Joan Rivers had a great line and then she died and it went to what big checked shirts.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt  Oh Spurt, Spurt, Spurt... We both know that no matter who QVC brings in, within a year they'll have either diluted the brand or insisted on 'Q-ifying' the brand, or both... If it's home design, the new brands will join the cavalcade of brands bringing us endless (and I mean endless...) offers of 'illuminated' and mercury glass decorative pieces, along with throws, home 'scents', lanterns and flameless candles... If it's jewelry then the designs will simply have to feature the Q's own brand of fake diamonds along with their flavor or the year 'preferred' gemstone... If it's fashion, the designer will have to come up with another cutesy name for polyester and use a lot of it... There'll be nothing new under the sun... As for beauty, enough's enough... And as for kitchen, well, I'm not a kitchen person anyway, so have no interest in more cookware, bakeware, small appliances or gadgets...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt  Oh Spurt, Spurt, Spurt... We both know that no matter who QVC brings in, within a year they'll have either diluted the brand or insisted on 'Q-ifying' the brand, or both... If it's home design, the new brands will join the cavalcade of brands bringing us endless (and I mean endless...) offers of 'illuminated' and mercury glass decorative pieces, along with throws, home 'scents', lanterns and flameless candles... If it's jewelry then the designs will simply have to feature the Q's own brand of fake diamonds along with their flavor or the year 'preferred' gemstone... There'll be nothing new under the sun... As for beauty, enough's enough... And as for kitchen, well, I'm not a kitchen person anyway, so have no interest in more small appliances or gadgets...

@stevieb 

So perhaps one of the main problems for QVC has been narrowed down to the QVC BUYERS......whose mottos is, "NOTHING BUT THE SAME" Woman Frustrated  Gee, I'd like to have their job--- seems to be pretty easy--- just sending out one mass email to every vendor that QVC's directive is make every brand Quified and every  product should look just like everyone elses in their product category!!! And you then do this once a year......nice work if you can get it.... Wonder what Q's benefits are like..hmmmmm where do I apply..Woman Very Happy