Honored Contributor

Re: 70 New Brands Will Debut on QVC and HSN

@Krimpette wrote:

Since I rarely buy beauty products, I'm not impressed with 34 new being added.  Yikes!  They must get a tremendous mark-up on beauty products.

@Krimpette The term "overload" definately comes to mind!

I don't know about you, but i'd love to see some new talent like Rachel Roe, Jen Rade, and Pamela Dennis.  Let's not forget Bradley Bayou when he brought his beautiful items here!

Super Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

Seems like a desperate attempt to save sinking ships.  Both QVC and HSN have good products, e.g, D&C, Slinky, Mackie, etc.  It's the marketing strategy, i.e, high prices, few sales or other incentives to buy (except "easy pay") slow shipping, etc. that has caused their problems.

Having watched both channels for more than 20 years, I would not miss either one now.  Too many other places to shop that were not available when they came on air.

I agree - they have already some nice things but seems like they are finding small brands generating "internet chatter" to try and jump on that bandwagon.  I guess not every appreciates tried and true brands.  It seems like brands that have been around for decades or a century are competing with these new types of products - like mattresses, razors, bras, etc.  Who knows some of the new stuff may be nice, but I think it is just going to be a rotation of stuff constantly changing as the chatter on the internet talks it up.

Super Contributor

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

We are swamped with beauty items now and of course they will change our world, not so! If they work great pick one and sell that one. They can't all be magical.

I would like more garden, home or fashion at a reasonable price.

Oh I now look like a 20 year old Supermodel with thousands of dollars of QVC beauty products!  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I am withholding judgment until this plays out. I've learned to avoid reacting to the hype.

Honored Contributor

I always look forward to seeing new products.  I wish there were more new items coming along in the home decor area, since I'm about to move onto a new place. 

but I will check out everything new.  

Esteemed Contributor

I've been watching the Q for 25 yrs and have purchased many products over the years. I'm retired and home a lot so I always check what the Q is selling. Most of the time, it puts me to sleep.Too much time spent on one item, prices too high, just one boring product after another.

This past weekend the Beekman 1802 Soap was the TSV --- I love soaps - and the packaging was very interesting - and I jumped on it. The price was very reasonable with free shipping. I also liked that it was a small company (from upstate NY - my state) and I like supporting newer, small businesses.

I already gave away 3 bars to friends - who were excited to get it.

Looking forward to seeing more new products that I'd be interested in purchasing.

Honored Contributor

Okay so 70 new brands and just how many will survive? Think of how many brands have come and gone. It never ends.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Okay so 70 new brands and just how many will survive? Think of how many brands have come and gone. It never ends.

The brands that sell will stay. They deserve to show their products to a mass audience. Since it's hard for me to find beautiful cotton sheets with wrinkle defense ---- I would definitely be purchasing that item. Northern Nights has few choices now --- I purchased many sets in the past.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh my G-d!

Only here would people complain about seeing the same old, same old, and wanting the Q to bring NEW brands in, and when they do, people STILL complain!

The Q can't win for loosing with some of y'all.

It's like some people just love to hate on the Q.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Oh my G-d!

Only here would people complain about seeing the same old, same old, and wanting the Q to bring NEW brands in, and when they do, people STILL complain!

The Q can't win for loosing with some of y'all.

It's like some people just love to hate on the Q.

Yes.  Have to give them credit for introducing some new lines. Some will be hits, others misses.  

I look forward to seeing what the new things will be