Honored Contributor

Re: 70 New Brands Will Debut on QVC and HSN

Vegan handbags.

I wonder if they come with a salad?

Actually Vera Bradley now has a line of products made with recycled plastic.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Spurt  Oh yes, the buyers are and have long been a big part of the problem. Still, I have always wondered how much their choices are directed from 'on high', where 'leadership' has, for a long time, been pretty clearly loath to move away from a very stale retail model that is increasingly not working.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt  Oh yes, the buyers are and have long been a big part of the problem. Still, I have always wondered how much their choices are directed from 'on high', where 'leadership' has, for a long time, been pretty clearly loath to move away from a very stale retail model that is increasingly not working.

@stevieb 

Yep, you make an excellent point....I wonder if this new "The Big Find" thing was the new Exec's idea....even though QVC has quickly forgotten that the Today Show/QVC's Next Big Thing was a NEXT BIG FLOP..... Gee, even QVC's  marketing spiel is stale seeing how they continuously use the word "BIG" in their ideas....perhaps they need a good Thesaurus.....  Smiley Wink

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt  The list is long of their marketing endeavors that went nowhere... Remember that company they bought out a few years ago for big bucks and tried to parlay it into a 'social' shopping feature on their website... It went nowhere, though it appears they're trying to re-up the notion again now... Added to all the mis-steps is their insistence on making their marginal house brands, like Gili, into 'lifestyle' brands that are largely going nowhere and items appear to be on virtual 'clearance' almost as soon as they appear... 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt  The list is long of their marketing endeavors that went nowhere... Remember that company they bought out a few years ago for big bucks and tried to parlay it into a 'social' shopping feature on their website... It went nowhere, though it appears they're trying to re-up the notion again now... Added to all the mis-steps is their insistence on making their marginal house brands, like Gili, into 'lifestyle' brands that are largely going nowhere and items appear to be on virtual 'clearance' almost as soon as they appear... 

@stevieb 

Oh yah, the social shopping feature......ToGather....I guess their wasn't much to gather or no one wanted togather socially.....and then there was "the influencer".....I guess she went to influence somewhere else....

As far as the Gili Lifestyle Brands....gee, can't imagine why no one would be interested in matching their home decor to their swimming pool float....🤔 🤭

download (6).jfif

jill-martin-gili-home-collection-today-main-190502_816b5fb72e3ff77d8bfde2cd72788c45.fit-760w.jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not even to mention @Spurt  that of all the vendors to whom they might have devoted a lifestyle brand, Jill Martin would have been at or near the very bottom of my list. I don't find her particularly likable or believable and certainly she's not such a 'name' that having her as the 'face of the brand' would prove to be any real impetus to buy. Of course, the reality is that QVC creates the goods associated with this brand and then puts her name on them. Why, I have no idea. I would have probably understood their thinking had they expanded the brand when Lisa Robertson 'fronted' it, but it no longer makes sense. To be sure, not everyone liked Lisa, but the Gili items almost always sold out when she was selling them and one got the sense that she honestly was very invovled in the design and maufacture of the items.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Not even to mention @Spurt  that of all the vendors to whom they might have devoted a lifestyle brand, Jill Martin would have been at or near the very bottom of my list. I don't find her particularly likable or believable and certainly she's not such a 'name' that having her as the 'face of the brand' would prove to be any real impetus to buy. Of course, the reality is that QVC creates the goods associated with this brand and then puts her name on them. Why, I have no idea. I would have probably understood their thinking had they expanded the brand when Lisa Robertson 'fronted' it, but it no longer makes sense. To be sure, not everyone liked Lisa, but the Gili items almost always sold out when she was selling them and one got the sense that she honestly was very invovled in the design and maufacture of the items.

@stevieb 

Yep, Lisa had a sense of style and brought a genuine interest in the GILI designs and line (was never a member of her tribe, but she knew fashion/design and was a good QVC host)....When she left this brand should have been discontinued....

Former Knick's Sportscaster JM, moved to a different network, had a fashion segment thrust on her which didnt exactly make her a fashion expert, but for some odd reason the Today Show hired and uses her in this capacity....ITA her personna does not entice one to the line, and her lack of expertise shows in what is produced for the line....her claim to "fame" is the much maligned Obi Belt....I think QVC likes the connection and national attention from the Today Show....but it gives them little else.....Woman Frustrated  And I dont think either the fashion or home line has met expectations....

Honored Contributor

some of the newest vendors have been on today.

right now they have TOK BEAUTY on with magnetic eyelashes.

i also watched BILLY FOOTWEAR and was considering the high top sneakers. what a unique design! loved the red and the berry.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

https://www.qvc.com/content/thebigfind.html

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein