Honored Contributor

7:30 PM fireworks have already started

[ Edited ]

Someone has already started with the fireworks near us. It's only 7:30 PM. 
Gonna be a long night. 

If tradition holds, the people catty corner behind us will go non stop with the fireworks for hours, starting at midnight. My husband will sleep through it all and I will be awake for all of it.  Sometimes they have a party but I don't hear any noise in that direction yet. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Re: 7:30 PM fireworks have already started

Maybe the folks with the early fireworks go to bed early or want to spare neighbors who might be sleeping at 12:00 a.m. !

Valued Contributor

@ In my neighborhood, too!  It will be a long night.

Honored Contributor

Fireworks are illegal here in my California city; celebratory shooting in the air is a felony in the state.

Just stupid and dangerous.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Ahhhh.....8:50 PM. The neighbors catty corner behind us have started with their fireworks also. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

My poor Khloe and Oreo are barking left and right and running everywhere. Fireworks have started here too and they are loud. 

Honored Contributor

Sadly, there's a mouth breather born every minute and they all seem to get a big kick out of fireworks... Go figure...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

People around my neighborhood don't care if they are illegal. They shoot 'em off anyway. My dog hates the noise and so do I. 

Honored Contributor

Our trashy trailer neighbors set off their first batch of fireworks at 9 p.m.   

It is quite dry and breezy here in southern WV; perfect conditions for an out of control fire.   The boys have started a fire with fireworks before, by setting the dead tree in their yard ablaze.  Everything on that piece of property is fuel for one heck of a fire.

Part of the dead tree is still standing, the yard is full of trash, there are 6 non running vehicles parked on that property, the 70’s model trailer that looks abandoned is actually “home”, and a bent/twisted camper that is not road worthy also appears to be “home” to someone.   

Esteemed Contributor

7:17 p,.m here, and I just heard my first fireworks.

They'll go until about 4 o'clock in the morning.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.