Esteemed Contributor

Re: 7:30 PM fireworks have already started

Same thing here is Arizona. First ones went off in my neighborhood at 6:18 and it's only 8:50. It's gonna be a long night. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's 15 degrees and snowy but someone is out there shooting off fireworks. They must be young.....and male.

@RedTop somehow I just knew your neighbors would be at it. Your stories crack me up.

Esteemed Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

Maybe the folks with the early fireworks go to bed early or want to spare neighbors who might be sleeping at 12:00 a.m. !

One can wish but usually not the case.

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Fireworks are illegal here in my California city; celebratory shooting in the air is a felony in the state.

Just stupid and dangerous.

Ones that shoot into the sky are illegal here but the ones that stay close to the ground are legal, to but it doesn't stop them. Idiots don't care about anyone but themselves.

Honored Contributor

People started letting off fireworks here occasionally last night and today before dark. I think several are having some sort of competition to see who can out do the other. They do this yearly and on the 4th. The animals hate it and run about barking for hours. I've already had a long night.

Occasional Contributor

Shouldn't you be happy people are celebrating and happy about a New Year to be alive and well rather then Ranting? Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@MissMissyP wrote:

Shouldn't you be happy people are celebrating and happy about a New Year to be alive and well rather then Ranting? Smiley Happy

@MissMissyP - I really didn't see anyone "ranting".  In my case at least, I just stated fact.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh I think people must've heeded to the reminder of the hours allowed for fireworks- nothing after 1am.  Since we're right at Little River, I thought people (from past holidays) would be doing fireworks over the lake but not so. I was really surprised and not complaining or ranting one tiny bit..

I too haven't seen any rants in this thread, just a conversation.. Smiley Happy

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

At least yours started 7:30PM!  Our started at midnight.  Yep, for aout 45 minutes in our neighborhood.....  These are neighbors shooting of fire works.  It's illeegal, but ignored

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Despite all the announcements on the news about fireworks being illegal in the city and the police even established a Hot Line to call and report abusers....nothing seems to deter them.....and its been so dry here too with little rain that a grass fire could be a real possibility...Woman Frustrated  There are so many places where people can go for free to see New Year's fireworks instead of distrubring neighbors/pets/possible fires but some are so INCONSIDERATE!!!  And not only New Years but this will go on for a few more days...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”