Honored Contributor

Re: 7/16 update on my husband

Please accept my deepest condolences. Dealing with loss is never easy.  I pray the mercy of God to surround you at this difficult time.

Super Contributor

Dear gigetgh, sorry about your hubby.  Please take good care of yourself.  

Esteemed Contributor

Sincere condolences, @gidgetgh . Sending air hugs and strength for the days ahead. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Turn your phone off and don't answer the door; you deserve to sleep as long as possible. Caring for a loved one is grueling emotionally and physically. Now it's time to care for yourself and take time to grieve. Blessings. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My heart goes out to you. I feel your pain.I just lost my best friend ,my adult grandaughter 2 weeks ago .godspeed to your dear hubby and sending hugs and prayers to you.  I am so very  sorry for your great loss  {{{{hugs}}}}}}

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  My deepest sympathy to you. Heart

Trusted Contributor

I am so sorry to hear this news.

I can't imagine what you are going through right now.  All you can do is rest, take care of yourself, and know that you did everything you could to help your wonderful husband. 

Thinking of you.

Honored Contributor

It is times like this that I find myself at a loss for words. Somehow, they seem inadequate at expressing how deeply sorry I am on the loss of your husband @gidgetgh .

Please accept my condolences. May your memories sustain you through the coming days ahead. I am so sorry for your loss...

Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh 

I'm so sorry ... it's hard to find other words ...

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dear @gidgetgh,

I am so very sorry, not just for your immense loss, but for the horrific road you and your husband walked together.  Reading your posts has been visceral. Our paths were so similar that your descriptions brought flashbacks, I trembled. 

So I ache for you now.  You need rest, but, if our experiences continue to match, chances are it won’t come anytime soon.  The intention here is not to add to your troubles or pile on fear, but to offer a glimpse of what may come, of what to expect next.  

Loved ones have likely already surrounded you, I remember it sometimes feeling like being swarmed.  Although well intentioned, there was noise, chaos, work of having house guests.  It’s probably already begun, but there will be much to do and so many decisions to make.  

After everyone went home, and I had time to think, I found the hoped for rest came in spurts between spells of sorrow.  And regrets.  Just adjusting to the situation of being One took energy.  Having gone from my father’s house to my husband’s as a young woman, I had never been One before. There were new ways to think, to live, to speak. (“Widow” still tastes bad when I’m in the position to have to say it.)  I had to learn to do things I had never done before, things I didn’t want to know how to do.  It’s two years now, and there are still challenges I haven't faced before or have the physical ability to accomplish. 

My hope for you at this point is that you can be gentle with yourself, allow yourself to do nothing when the energy--physical or mental or emotional--isn’t there.  Don’t let anyone push you into, “You know what you need to do?” decisions.  They mean well.  But they don’t know what you need to do. You might not even know yet what you need to do.  

I sincerely hope knowing that prayers are being sent on your behalf is comforting.  May God make you aware of His constant Love. 

Sincerely, IamstillMrsG
Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

Deepest condolences to you and family for your loss.

May your dh RIP. I wish you peace and restorative rest.