Honored Contributor

My husband passed away late this afternoon.  I can't believe I just typed those words. 

These last 4 weeks have been hideous, with each day trying to outdo the day before from a horror standpoint. 

My husband is now at peace.  As for me, I am going to need some intense rest.  This has all been too much for me. Without trying to sound too eye rolling dramatic, I'm surprised I survived it. And in the middle of a pandemic. Cherry on top additional stress. 

My husband will be cremated and we will have a very small, brief graveside service at some point, once I feel I can handle it. I meet with the funeral home tomorrow. 

I want to thank the kind words of support I received here. It meant more to me than I could adequately articulate. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Re: 7/16 update on my husband

@gidgetgh I am so very sorry. Please accept my condolences. 

Honored Contributor

Oh, @gidgetgh.  I am so sorry.  

Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh  I'm so sorry. I pray your memories give you comfort and joy.

Trusted Contributor

I am sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself.

Esteemed Contributor

My heart is sad for you and there are no words to describe your loss. I wish you peace and a quiet mind that allows you to rest.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

My husband passed away late this afternoon.  I can't believe I just typed those words. 

These last 4 weeks have been hideous, with each day trying to outdo the day before from a horror standpoint. 

My husband is now at peace.  As for me, I am going to need some intense rest.  This has all been too much for me. Without trying to sound too eye rolling dramatic, I'm surprised I survived it. And in the middle of a pandemic. Cherry on top additional stress. 

My husband will be cremated and we will have a very small, brief graveside service at some point, once I feel I can handle it. I meet with the funeral home tomorrow. 

I want to thank the kind words of support I received here. It meant more to me than I could adequately articulate. 

@gidgetgh 

I am so sorry, he is in the better place now. 

You need to think about yourself now. Take care of yourself. 
I lost my mom sometimes ago, still very fresh. She died in rehabilitation center and I was with her. At list it was before pandemic.

Valued Contributor

C368DEB6-CB17-48DC-9B8F-02073737C32C.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh ....I am so very sorry to hear this sad news.  Please take care of yourself in the days ahead.  I know he is looking down on you and the good Lord above will help you find comfort and peace.  ((HUGS))

Valued Contributor

I am so sorry for the loss of your dear husband.