Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom 

Thank you so much for this “heads-up!”

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Not a problem for me,  I don't eat red meat.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom   I feel the need to mention all the recalls of lettuce, avocados and other "healthy" plants as well just to level the playing field.

Produce is dirty too.  It is grown in dirt, animals roam the fields, and it is shipped in trucks and containers that might also be contaminated.

Eggs sometimes are causes of gastric distress.  

Be careful with your food, be away and get it from reliable sources.  Realize that a lot of imported food is not as strictly monitored as USA grown.  No matter what you think about the government, it's a fact. 

Honored Contributor

Re: 62,000 Lbs. Beef Recall

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee @KingstonsMom 

There is/was a paperback book about the early dawning of bacterial resistance hitting hard in society.

i thought I read it in the 80’s and though it is still available now, it looks like they re-published it.

I read it about the time that triclosan was considered banned.

It may have been “Resistant” by Michael Palmer... very shocking realization we have had.

I think Nature is trying to give us a warning.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Missing Microbes, a book by Martin Blaser, explores the overuse of antibiotics and its consequences leading up to modern day plagues and other serious health problems like obesity and asthma. Very interesting read and gives you an easy to read explanation of how things got the way they are today in regards to antibiotic usage.

Respected Contributor

Re: 62,000 Lbs. Beef Recall

[ Edited ]

here we go yet again!   we have no meat products at this time in our freezer thankfully.

bad timing for this,  with the holiday !

do you know what stores these products were sold in? i would like to tell family and friends!

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@sidsmom   I feel the need to mention all the recalls of lettuce, avocados and other "healthy" plants as well just to level the playing field.

Produce is dirty too.  It is grown in dirt, animals roam the fields, and it is shipped in trucks and containers that might also be contaminated.

Eggs sometimes are causes of gastric distress.  

Be careful with your food, be away and get it from reliable sources.  Realize that a lot of imported food is not as strictly monitored as USA grown.  No matter what you think about the government, it's a fact. 

@Sooner 

Nope.

Produce contamination comes from one source...animals.

Remove the animals & we wouldn’t have this issue.

Fact.

Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear wrote:

here we go yet again!   we have no meat products at this time in our freezer thankfully.

do you know what stores these products were sold in? i would like to tell family and friends!

@FlowerBear 

They aren't saying where these products were distributed, but  they all seem to be a brand called "Choice'

There is a link to click on in the original post (the end of paragraph 3) that provides a link to details of the products involved.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear wrote:

@FlowerBear 

Everywhere I read says they were distributed nationwide w/out

store detail BUT instead of clicking on links, here’s a spreadsheet

with all the codes & a label for an example. 

011AA74D-C343-445A-A33D-E62C2E94B721.jpeg

2143F795-813C-4548-A682-B6C355871E0E.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom @sidsmom @FlowerBear @SilleeMee @Sooner 

I believe I read that in the middle of the circle stamp, it reads “EST.788”

I am looking for details online for DD...they always plan big “grillin’ out” for weekends.