Honored Contributor

what a disappointment the latest episode was.  She had a friend who was willing to help her and she didn't take the help.

My confusion is that if she could not even walk  to the bathroom, how was she not losing weight.She can't get the food herself, so that meant her friend Sandy was bringing it to her..................why?????

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Respected Contributor

But, Sandy was so adamant about her coming to live with her so she could go see Dr. Now, just had a lift chair/recliner in a bare room for her to sleep in that looked too small for her & she couldn't even fit into the Sandy's bathroom.  The situation was not well thought out by the Sandy.  At least at her (I forgot her name) old place, she had a hospital bed that she could fit in & could get into the restroom to bathe & use the toilet.  Until the lady wants to help herself, she'll never be successful.   Others can't want you to get help more than you want it for yourself.  Sandy was saying the caregivers at her old place were not good for her, but Sandy didn't do any better job.  It was a weird situation.

Honored Contributor

Sandy had to be bringing her the food....there's no other way she could get it.

So....she wanted to help her, but she's bringing her too much food....I don't get it.

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Esteemed Contributor

I had t stop watching this show...they got too depressing....

Esteemed Contributor

This one may not have an update. She was 45 years old. From

the start I had a feeling no positive changes would be made.

Sad, just to eat and lie in bed all day.

The previous week I rooted for the couple who were both trying

and successful, not meeting all their goals but still working at it.

Honored Contributor

Dealing with Supermorbid Obesity isn't necessarily an A to B to C trip.

Honored Contributor

@catlover wrote:

what a disappointment the latest episode was.  She had a friend who was willing to help her and she didn't take the help.

My confusion is that if she could not even walk  to the bathroom, how was she not losing weight.She can't get the food herself, so that meant her friend Sandy was bringing it to her..................why?????

It has to be extremely overwhelming to take that first step. Looking at what it'll take to lose 400 or more pounds would probably scare the ****** out of me too.

Honored Contributor

At one point she was ordering food and having it delivered to the hospital.  You would have thought the nurses would have seen this or the evidence and reported it to the doctor.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@catlover wrote:

@catlover 

Could it be ordering delivery?  I DVR these shows and it is interesting to see those with both the motivation and dedication to completely change their lives.

Seeing those that are pretty much bed bound, then getting all the tools they need, not willing to do their part is disappointing. Too many look at this journey as temporary, until they get their "weight loss surgery". Then they think their work is over. If only!

I often wonder how they let themselves get that far, and where the $$$$$ come to pay for that amount of food. Losing mobility takes years for an otherwise healthy person.

I lived the fat life through 7th/8th grade and 2 years of high school, so I know what many go through during those years. Since it is a life long issue for me, but fortunately I am in control, not food/environment or life in general.  

Hopefully that last shows lady wakes up, and soon.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I think those shows are exploitative. Yuck.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr