Honored Contributor

Re: 60 minutes Why are they even wasting time showing Sean Penn Give me a break

I didn't watch the interview but I don't think it is wise for anyone to mess with a drug cartel.

Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

Fatuous.

Smug.

Egocentric.

Don't forget Hipocrite.....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It bugs me how they've been piece-mealing the 1.5hr interview showing just snippets of it for 2 weeks now.  I did want to hear the whole thing on 60 minutes but on CBS Morning News today CR said it was a good 1.5hr filmed interview.  I suppose we'll never hear the entire thing.

On a side note (but not really) my husband works with a Mexican gentleman who talked a great lengths last week about El Chapo and how he and his goons totally RULE in the same area in Mexico where DH's partner's family lives. His father had a lot of land that he used to farm.  In short, now after El Chapo and his goons have taken over, in order to keep his family land, farm it, etc he MUST pay El Chapo to even live on it.  Extremely sad situation parts of Mexico has become due to this drug lord and his goons.

Super Contributor

Years ago we all RAN to see:

The Godfather

The Godfather 2

The Godfather 3

Remember......"Make him an offer he can't refuse"

"When we sleep with dogs, we get fleas."

Many people have love affairs with all kinds of illegal DRUGS

Many family members pay a PRICE, so we can get the ILLEGAL drugs right down OUR streets :-(

Amazon has made deliveries, so does the LOCAL drug dealer !!!!!

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." MLK
Honored Contributor

@brii wrote:

I can't believe he isn't fearful for his life.

Maybe he is and is just faking it? Why he has admiration for all these dictators is troubling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Esteemed Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

We decided not to turn 60 minutes on bacause of Mr Penn.  We refuse to add to ratings if they are going to glorify someone like him.  He hasn't been in the spotlight recently, so I guess he decided this would put him front & center and it has.  What a waste he is

Why such hatred?   What has he ever done to you?      

Shanghai Surprise?

(Sorry -- couldn't resist.)

Oh my gosh! This made me laugh so hard!!

Besides SS I do think that Sean Penn is a terrifically talented actor. He should stick to that. 

I find it absolutely repugnant that Sean Penn or Rolling Stone would want to interview an animal that has tortured and killed thousands upon thousands of people and not only that but give him full editorial control of the article. Sean Penn explains it as  unlike many of El Chapos counterparts who engage in gratuitous kidnapping and murder, El Chapo is a businessman first, and only resorts to violence when he deems it advantageous to himself or his business interests. I am sure the families of the absolutely innocent people he had tortured and killed will take comfort that he only did it when advantageous to himself or business. 

What an idiot. Not surprising though when you consider his views on Hugo Chavez.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Super Contributor

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c8/Rolling_Stone_Cover_with_Boston_Bomber.jpg

Rolling Stone magazine cover featuring (at the time) alleged Boston Bomber Dzokhar Tsarnaev

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev to pay $101M in restitution to marathon bombing victims

http://www.boston.com/news/2016/01/15/dzhokhar-tsarnaev-pay-restitution-marathon-bombing-victims/IEy...

Rolling Stone Magazine :-(

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." MLK
Honored Contributor

@croemer wrote:

@brii wrote:

I can't believe he isn't fearful for his life.

Maybe he is and is just faking it? Why he has admiration for all these dictators is troubling.

What other dictators does Penn admire?    

Esteemed Contributor

Why such hatred?   What has he ever done to you?      

I think you probably know the answer to that. Had the interview been done by Barbara Walters, who by the way, has interviewed several despots including Saddam, she would be given accolades for landing this interview. It's all relative.

Respected Contributor

Off the record but Sean looked better than I have ever seen him. Great hair and beautiful eyes lol