Esteemed Contributor

60 Seconds Can Make Your Day

My daughter made 10 masks at her brother's request. His co-worker wanted them.

I was in the shower last night when she called him to say they were done and they discussed how to make contactless pickup.  She asked if he any Ibuprofin, we had run out.

When I got out of the shower I heard DD yelling to someone. Wrapped in a towel I looked out the window to see DS in the driveway. DD is a good 15 ft. away on the porch. I haven't seen DS since March 9th. I opened the window and we chatted from a long way away for a minute, but it was cold and I was wet, so closed the window went.

DD had washed & dried the masks, put them in a zip lock bag and then in another bag. After she put them on the railing and backed across the porch, DS came to the porch, grabbed the bag and left the Ibuprofin and went back by his vehicle. It was quick and no contact.

It was the best minute of my day.  60 seconds is better than nothing.

Super Contributor

Re: 60 Seconds Can Make Your Day

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

My daughter made 10 masks at her brother's request. His co-worker wanted them.

I was in the shower last night when she called him to say they were done and they discussed how to make contactless pickup.  She asked if he any Ibuprofin, we had run out.

When I got out of the shower I heard DD yelling to someone. Wrapped in a towel I looked out the window to see DS in the driveway. DD is a good 15 ft. away on the porch. I haven't seen DS since March 9th. I opened the window and we chatted from a long way away for a minute, but it was cold and I was wet, so closed the window went.

DD had washed & dried the masks, put them in a zip lock bag and then in another bag. After she put them on the railing and backed across the porch, DS came to the porch, grabbed the bag and left the Ibuprofin and went back by his vehicle. It was quick and no contact.

It was the best minute of my day.  60 seconds is better than nothing.

You can see him anytime you want via FaceTime or via other apps Assuming he wishes same.

Esteemed Contributor

@BeautyLver  I'm aware of that, but it was nice to see him in person if only for a minute and from a distance.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@BeautyLver  I'm aware of that, but it was nice to see him in person if only for a minute and from a distance.

Seeing someone from a distance at night vs. Face time close up for an actual Interaction of a lot of minutes...

Why could he not come to your home in the daytime and speak to you 15 feet away as he did at night...

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   I understand.  Sometimes you just have to see someone in person.  Glad you got to see him. 

I like that your DD and DS worked together to get the job done.  Unfortunately so many adult children only "talk" to each other through their parents.  They don't realize one day each other is all they may have.  Sounds like it was a well executed plan for everyone.  I especially like the bartering ....pills for the mask. 

Esteemed Contributor

@BeautyLver  It wasn't dark yet so I could see him fine.  His work takes him out among people so he wants to be very cautious about even coming in the house. I will be 70 and have a couple of health issues.

We are using an abundance of caution.

We speak on the phone even though neither he or I aren't folks who love talking on the phone.

My point was it was nice to see him even for such a short time.

Esteemed Contributor

@Travone  Thanks.  They get along great.  The Ibuprofin was just happenstance.  DD realized we were out right before she called  him. Luckily he had an extra bottle. 

DD just found elastic on Etsy. It was out everywhere. She had been using what ribbon she had as ties  but the elastic works better.

Luckily, she quilts and is a fabric junkie. She will be cranking out many more.

Super Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@BeautyLver  It wasn't dark yet so I could see him fine.  His work takes him out among people so he wants to be very cautious about even coming in the house. I will be 70 and have a couple of health issues.

We are using an abundance of caution.

We speak on the phone even though neither he or I aren't folks who love talking on the phone.

My point was it was nice to see him even for such a short time.

Guess I'm coming from a place where myself, my family are so very close to my 83 year old mom.  Seeing her daily over FaceTime is a true gift.  

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  Those indeed were wonderful seconds!  My heart is happy for you.  Wish I could see my maman for 60 seconds.  Smiles.  Thank you for sharing with us.  Wishing you and yours the best.