Honored Contributor

Re: 6 months have passed and we are all done

When my DH had his stroke they told him the same thing about ladders. Just say No! We are fortunate to have family down here and a young cousin who is always looking to make a few bucks goes up on the roof or into the attic for us when we need him to.

Esteemed Contributor

@cherrywrote:

Just an update on Mr Cherry. We went to the brain and spine Dr today. They xrayed his neck again

The Dr said everything looks good. He has some arthritis in his neck, but the Dr said at his age, that is to be expected. He is pleased that everything else looks OK. He has been released  from care

He did advise a note of caution, He said no ladders for anyone over 65. They have been having a slew of injuries.

So ,if you have ladder climbing in your future, if you fall into that age bracket , it might be best to hire it done

Mr Cherry just bought the total gym from Q and got the Drs. permission to use it. He said he can do everything he did before, minus ladders

His surgeon for the ruptured appendix, released him also

It's been a long haul ,my dear friends. Thank you for holding my hand through the worst of it. You are the best

hi @cherry - I'm SO happy to hear that Mr. Cherry is doing so well! It sure was a long haul but if we have patience, good things happen!

I don't believe anyone but professional ladder-climbers should ever go above the second rung. Did anyone ever see the demo on QVC (if you go to youtube you may find it if you enter QVC Ladder blooper). They may call it a blooper but that poor man, who was demonstrating this huge ladder, fell to the ground. I forgot which host was on, but she knew he'd hurt himself.

Now you and Mr. Cherry need a nice vacation, or even a staycation would be fun. Enjoy yourselves and treat yourself well after what the two of you went through!

Hugs XOX

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

@sunala  I do remember that. I think the poor guy felt worse than he let on