Honored Contributor

Re: 6 months have passed and we are all done

This is just great to hear this!  So glad for Mr. Cherry and for you.

Honored Contributor

@cherry, I had no idea. What a horrendous chain of events. So glad that he is well now.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@cherrywrote:

Just an update on Mr Cherry. We went to the brain and spine Dr today. They xrayed his neck again

The Dr said everything looks good. He has some arthritis in his neck, but the Dr said at his age, that is to be expected. He is pleased that everything else looks OK. He has been released  from care

He did advise a note of caution, He said no ladders for anyone over 65. They have been having a slew of injuries.

So ,if you have ladder climbing in your future, if you fall into that age bracket , it might be best to hire it done

Mr Cherry just bought the total gym from Q and got the Drs. permission to use it. He said he can do everything he did before, minus ladders

His surgeon for the ruptured appendix, released him also

It's been a long haul ,my dear friends. Thank you for holding my hand through the worst of it. You are the best

@cherry  Wonderful news. Thanks for sharing with us.

Honored Contributor

@cherrywrote:

@LilacTree  Mr Cherry fell down the stairs in Aug. It happened in the middle of the night(3 AM). I heard him fall and found him unconscious at the bottom of the stairs. I called the ambulance   and he was in a bad state. He couldn't remember what had happened. Didn't know who the Pres was and things like that

He was taken to the hospital by ambulance

He fractured 3 vertebrae in his neck and  fortunately didn't need surgery. But he was in a brace for 3 months 24/7

He was sent for another stronger CT scan , to look at his kidneys ,and they found a ruptured appendix

My Dr called and told me to get him to the hospital asap. They couldn't operate ,because of the neck brace and the rupture had spread infection

They did a Ct Scan and pumped all of the infection out by needle. The scan told them where to put the needle, and when all of the infection and been removed. He was put on a drip with antibiotic's. The ER Dr called me twice at home, and had me get stronger drugs at the hospital because the infectious disease Dr didn't feel they could kill the staph infection

He had therapy at home for a few weeks. They found plaque in his arteries and he had to get a stress test. Because of the brace he couldn't get a normal stress test. They found he was Ok and didn't need a stent or surgery, medicine or diet change. It was old plaque and flat against the  wall

His surgeon's for the appendix ,had him get a colonoscopy  even though he had just had one, to make sure his intestine was OK

There were also kidney scans ,and more ultra sounds. Its been a merry go round

OMG @cherry.  You’ve really had a time of it. Now’s a chance for both of you to just relax and thank God it’s all behind you.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cherry

What a great day!  I’m so Galad for you and Mr. Cherry.

@riley1

Good for you!  Sometimes we just have to ‘use our words’.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@cherry

I'm so sorry you have had to endure this.  I am a nurse 30 plus years.   Sometimes people say things that they don't mean to be hurtful or disrespectful-they just don't know how to fill in the spaces.   That said, I am happy that your DH is recovering and that things are looking brighter for you both!  Thank you for sharing your journey.

Honored Contributor

@cherry.  I wish you'd asked that doctor how he recommends changing a burned out overhead light bulb?  I don't know which is more dangerous, a ladder or stumbling around in the dark?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@cherry

I'm so sorry you've been through so much these last 6 months! But isn't it great to know you made it?

You and Mr. Cherry have been down in that valley, but now you can view where you've been on the mountaintop. From there, it can be a beautiful view.

Keep going onward and upward together, and know you are stronger together because of what you've already gone through.

Thanks for sharing. Triumphs and victories (as well as our sorrow and pain) are an important part of life that is meant to be shared. God bless you and Mr. Cherry.

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry Wow what an ordeal for you both. I'm happy everything is turning around for you. Now enjoy a nice relaxing Spring to come. My DH has had many health issues and I empathize with you,it's extremely stressful.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  He simply said to get someone else to do it.  It might not be possible for you, I don't know

WE were told they have had a rash of injuries, from the seniors falling from ladders

Falls are terrible things, my husband still has no memory of what happened to him

He was in the kitchen getting tylenol for a headache. The pills have been in that same place for 50 years. He was next to a stairwell. I am a light sleeper and I heard him fall

If there is anyway to avoid ladders, it's advice we will take.