Honored Contributor

Re: $6 a day........................................................................................

@SilleeMee

High Speed Internet; streaming - about $2.30 per day. 

Honored Contributor

Re: $6 a day........................................................................................

@sunshine45wrote:

roughly $9.35 per day, based on a 31 day month...... high speed internet, cable tv (7 boxes), two landlines.

I have roughly the same.  Two land lines.  With one it would have been cheaper.  High speed internet, FIOS, digetal phones.   Separate smart phones.  Communications costs grow higher and higher.

Honored Contributor

Coincidentally, after paying my Comcast/Xfinity bill yesterday, I called them and significantly decreased my services.  I hate their "bundles," but they get away with it.  I chose the "economy" bundle and ended sports and other things we never watch here.

We have three TVs, one in each bedroom and one in the living room.  I pared it down to $5.80 per day instead of $7.74.  I still have the Internet, TV and phone package, just the lowest one.  Since I kept HBO (many reasons) that comes with a lot of "free" channels, some of which my daughter watches.  Overall, she is on her iPhone far more than she watches TV. 

I will see the new bill next month, which will be $60 less.  Then in June, all HD will be free, so that will be another $10 less.  I'm satisfied for the time being.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

It's roughtly $8 a day.  

I would never give up TV or internet.  That's how they get you.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMeewrote:

That's what it costs me to have internet and TV in my house. When I break it down that way it doesn't seem like it costs too much even though I know it's still a chunk 'o change. Anyone want to share your cost per daySmiley Happy

@SilleeMee

$0.076

Honored Contributor

@willdob3wrote:

@SilleeMeewrote:

That's what it costs me to have internet and TV in my house. When I break it down that way it doesn't seem like it costs too much even though I know it's still a chunk 'o change. Anyone want to share your cost per daySmiley Happy

@SilleeMee

$0.076

Are you serious??!! @willdob3. Up-thread you posted it was more. How did it come down?

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

$6.50/day for internet and digital cable with four premium channels.  My landling is still with the phone company; my cell phone is with that company but separate.  Some years ago, I was going to bundle my phone in with cable and internet with what was then Time Warner.  Then the 2003 blackout happened.  The only thing that worked in my apartment was my traditional landline, so I've kept it despite the fact that the old underground cables are going back and in the ensuing years I've had two majore disruptions in service because of this.  

Edited to add that I have one cable box and one internet connection.  I bought a router so i could use it for my cell phone (not from the cable company).

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMeewrote:

@willdob3wrote:

@SilleeMeewrote:

@SilleeMee

$0.076

Are you serious??!! @willdob3. Up-thread you posted it was more. How did it come down?

@SilleeMee

It is $2.30 per month. 0.076 per day. 

Valued Contributor

$4.33 a day.  1 TV. Basic, no sports, lost several channels i.e. Animal, Game Show and others to get lower cost, cost includes home phone, Direct TV, internet.  Lost landline due to Uverse but kept my phone number.  My cell is through Tracphone.

Because of my location I get no speed but pay for high speed.

When I bought a new TV I had to upgrade to Uverse to get my TV to work.  Because I have no speed I am unable to stream or get movies. Had Comcast years ago and despised their service. 

I love my new TV and I am used to my choices of channels.

Someday I may checkout Comcast again due to all the weather related outages with a dish.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee At first I thought you were getting "Easy Pay" on your cable! lol

Anyways, Our cable is $5 a day but that is just basic with no premium channels.Woman LOL