Honored Contributor

Re: $6 a day........................................................................................

@Citrine1wrote:

Like many of you, mine averages out to $7.30 per day, but I think that's outrageously high considering at one time, tv viewing was free.  

Hey Citrine!  Smiley Happy  Yeah, but back then there were only three channels.  

One thing I remember was back when I paid $4.95 a month for cable.  But that was a lot less channels, too.   There were no Premium cable channels at all and only a handful of cable channels.

I love my cable so if I had to start getting rid of stuff, that would be pretty far down on the list.   YMMV, though, and that's cool.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: $6 a day........................................................................................

Hello @chickenbutt.  Good to see you!

Well, you've certainly got a point there about the "old days" and only having three channels.  LOL  But I have to tell you...... so many times (especially late at night when I can't sleep) I think hmmmm, hundreds of channels and there's still nothing to watch.  Woman SurprisedWoman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1wrote:

Hello @chickenbutt.  Good to see you!

Well, you've certainly got a point there about the "old days" and only having three channels.  LOL  But I have to tell you...... so many times (especially late at night when I can't sleep) I think hmmmm, hundreds of channels and there's still nothing to watch.  Woman SurprisedWoman LOL

I hear that about being up in the middle of the night.  I often have my bdrm tv on all night.    But I also always have some recorded shows on both the bdrm Tivo and the living room one so I can watch from either in bed.

If nothing else, I usually have one tuner on Hallmark and catch episodes of Frasier and Cheers in the middle of th enight.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Goodness I never stopped to think of breaking down the costs on a daily basis.   i have high speed internet (I quibble with that at times) and middle tier cable with no premium channels but an extra box and it comes to $3.97 a day.  My angst lies in having to deal with Comcast instead of AT&T as I had better options and pricing through them but what are you gonna do?

Esteemed Contributor

Yep @chickenbutt, Frasier and Cheers are old stand-bys. Haha  Golden Girls and I Love Lucy too.

Honored Contributor

Just under $7 a day doing that in my head.

Esteemed Contributor

Mine is $6.32 a day.  Includes cable and DVR for 2 TVs, all movie channels, phone, and Internet.  It doesn't seem quite as bad seeing it broken down like that, especially for the amount of time I am on the Internet and have the TV on.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow, I pay a whopping $2.21 a day. 

Edited to add, I pay Directv separate from internet. 

Respected Contributor

$6 for internet, cable, and phone.

Respected Contributor

Mine is about $12 a day, but that is eight televisions.