Honored Contributor

Re: 6 Ft. Boa In Kansas Man's Couch.

@Nonametoday wrote:

I have a snake story about my sister-in-law who (for the sake of decorum) will say she has lived in a gold fish bowl growing up and with her husband.  She came home from shopping one day and saw what appeared to be a lot of black rick-rack on her white bedspread.  She felt that one of her daughters had perhaps been doing a school project using black rick-rack.  When she began undressing, she saw the rick-rack moving.  She soon realized, her bed was full of baby snakes.  She followed the trail and they were coming from her shower in adjacent bath.  She thought she would pick them up for pets when one struck at her.  She called to her son who was outside playing to come pick them up.  He laughed at her and told her he was not picking them up, that he was leaving to spend the night at a friend's house.  She called her DH who got them up, used something to deter snakes from coming inside their house but she spent the night at the house with her son's friend and his mother.   I wish you knew her.  If so, you would laugh so hard, you might wet your pants.  He had a boat and bought one the same color as the old one.  She never noticed it was not the same one.  She commended him on the great paint job.

@Nonametoday OMG!!!!  I would have a heart attack!

Respected Contributor

Many years ago my sister lived in an apartment & found a huge snake in her kitchen. It was someone’s pet in her complex.
Esteemed Contributor

The guy needs to keep his doors closed. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

I’m not terrified of snakes, but prefer to keep an eye out when in their areas, such as the woods, or woodpile.  I would never kill a snake unless I couldn’t escape safely.

However, in my home, NO, just NO!  With 4 curious, playful cats, and a smallish dog + a large curious dog - if I knew a boa had been  in our home I think my heart might stop at the thought of the danger they had been in. 

No, absolutely not, not even going to think of it again, right...

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

But.... how would a big 6 ft boa get inside his house?  and inside the sofa without anyone seeing it?  Where is the hole that snake crawled in?    Eek!

Decades ago, one of my aunts discovered a family of snakes living under her bed.  No idea how long they'd been there before found.    And, a girlfriend went to check on her baby who was napping in her baby bed, and found a snake in the bed with the sleeping baby.    It happens.... and it freaks me out.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@tototwo,

My guess as to how the snake got into the house was either thru an open door, open window, pet door, open garage with an open inside door.   OR, perhaps the man bought the couch from a friend or neighbor, and the snake was inside.   

Honored Contributor

MAJOR

I   C    K!!!!!!!!