Valued Contributor

Re: 6.9 EARTHQUAKE LAST NIGHT!

YIKES. Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad. I'm glad you're safe and your kitties
Super Contributor

The seismologists say that we are overdue for a mega-quake. According to them, a mega quake happens about every 300 years up here, and it's been 315 years since the last one.

That's what worries me.

Where I live, we have what's known as the triple junction.

The mega quake could happen today, or 20 years from now. You just never know.

Was Yuban, then changed to Plaid Pants due to forum upgrade, and apparently, I'm back to being Yuban.
Super Contributor

I just wanted to say that after an earthquake, I'll try to let everyone know the status of myself, and the area. It may not be immediate, but I'll try to do it as soon as I can. Especially if it's another large one.

Was Yuban, then changed to Plaid Pants due to forum upgrade, and apparently, I'm back to being Yuban.
Honored Contributor

Yuban3 -- are you in the Eureka/Arcata area? I remember the quake that seriously damaged Founders Hall at Humboldt. Sounds like HSU survived this one.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Super Contributor

OP so happy you are ok..........scary for sure. 6.9 is bad. I have not heard about it on the news but I need to turn to CNN to see if they say something. They should report it.

Honored Contributor

R&R : They DID report it. The event occurred a day and a half ago.