Esteemed Contributor

57Babe, have a question for you regarding Lipitor.

Just wanted to ask you about this drug. The doctor just put my mother on it and I thought I read here, and it may have been another drug, that this caused some sort of memory loss or dementia. I have read the side effects that come with the drug and online and I see some possible problems with liver enzymes and joint and muscle pain and fatigue. I am kind of upset that he prescribed this drug to her because her levels were just barely over normal and I feel that this could have been handled differently, without necessarily going right to meds. She eats great, almost strictly a Mediterranean diet so I don't think she can really eat any better than she already does but we will definitely take a look at different foods that may help. Her doctor has been really quick to put her on medicine immediately. She just found out she had diabetes last year and her doctor put her on drug and gave her blood testing strips but gave her no education on it whatsoever. Diabetes runs in my family and every single person that has had it and was put on a drug for it was sent to a class that explained to them everything they needed to know. This doctor put my mother on a drug and never monitored her once until I went to the doctor and talked with them. When I discussed this with my doctor he told me she needs to change doctors immediately and I thought that too. She likes this guy though for some reason so I just want to make sure she is protected from unneeded drugs that he seems to hand out willy nilly. i have also read this drug calls for testing of liver levels and he has never mentioned that once. Just wanted to know what you thought of this drug and was I mistaken or thinking of another drug when I thought it was related to dementia or memory loss. Thank you.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK