Honored Contributor

Re: 55 Today and AARP Ready!

@sissel wrote:

Enjoy every minute of it. AARP get discounts on restaurants, parks & hotels for about $8 a yr membership. 10% or 15% off is nice. 

If you belong to AAA, the discounts offered are about the same as the AARP ones.  And you don't get bombarded with requests to buy insurance for stuff through AARP.  

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@sissel wrote:

Enjoy every minute of it. AARP get discounts on restaurants, parks & hotels for about $8 a yr membership. 10% or 15% off is nice. 

If you belong to AAA, the discounts offered are about the same as the AARP ones.  And you don't get bombarded with requests to buy insurance for stuff through AARP.  

i have both services AAA and AARP......i dont get bombarded with requests to buy insurance through either of those organizations.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@sissel wrote:

i have both services AAA and AARP......i dont get bombarded with requests to buy insurance through either of those organizations.

@sunshine45   I did from AARP, for the couple of years I belong to it.  I haven't for a while though, so maybe it stopped the bombarding.

Honored Contributor

We're both past 50, but no solicitations from AARP.  My parents are in their 80's and don't belong.

DH does get discounts either from being military and/or senior--if age permits.

Neither of us are on SS or Medicare, but will look into the differences for sure when necessary.  

Regular Contributor

Well ladies and gents, from my heart I thank you for all your well wishes. You made my heart sing! It is tough when no more family exists and a QVC family wishing me a happy 55th really brought much joy! Bless you all! Love and hugs to everyone. 💗 

Honored Contributor

happy birthday to you on making it to your AARP 55 yr birthday LOL

I will be 70  in 3 months, time is just flying by.

Been with AARP for 20 yrs now.

Trusted Contributor

@angel8 

Happy Belated Birthday!  Sounds like you both had a lovely day.

I wish you both many more happy years ahead as you look forward to retirement.

We joined AARP recently also.  I didn't join sooner as I was considering another option.

Honored Contributor

I didn’t renew AARP after one year; it was nonstop junk email and mail solicitations for insurance, etc. The discounts are the same as AAA and a few other associations you may belong to through an employer. AARP is mainly a PAC, and since I disagree with their politics and where they send their money, it wasn’t a good fit for me. Now get ready for when you are eligible for Medicare...another deluge of mail, emails, marketing calls, etc.