Respected Contributor

Re: 50th anniversary trip...we need suggestions

A cruise that makes stops at the New England states. The cruise begins at New York and visits all seven New England states. It sounds like fun. Maybe when I retire I will take that trip.
Honored Contributor

@MamaWick - We're not huge travelers, but we have lots of friends who have recently been to the England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland areas. Two of them were there when Queen Elizabeth died. One in London- they lined up on the road with everyone else, and one in Wales. Other friends went to Ireland. All of them just raved about their trips. Most stayed in B&B's. The scenery sounds absolutely beautiful. And one couple spent a lot of time in pubs!   Smiley Wink

Happy 50th! What a great present from your children!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Well, we love Michigan, Tennessee, and the west.

Depends on your personal wants.  Those are so many areas of beauty in the US of A. don't forget Alaska and Hawaii too.  How physical can you be.  Do you want to take pictures?  How are you in temp's and altitutes? 

How long will you be gone?  Are you both physically able, do you mind living out of a suitcase for ? long?

Think of it all, I'm sure you have.  Have fun though!!!!

Live it up and make up for the Covid years!! Life is fast and short, don't waste a minute, make memories for all your family.

Honored Contributor

There are so many I would chose.  Being a history buff one of my choices would be Hawaii to see Pearl Harbor.

some other choices for me would be.................

Vermont and area at peak leaf changing season.

Alaska Cruise

Ireland & Wales

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

A cruise? Take a cruise around the Hawaiian islands. Ever been to Greece? Cruise those islands. 

I drove from NJ to Cali many years ago. Saw many places along the way but these I remember - Bad Lands, SD, Grand Teton, Grand Canyon, Carmel, Glacier Natl Park.

Europe? Tuscany, England, Scotland, Austria or Germany

Prefer islands? Aruba (a fav of mine), Gr Cayman

Have fun planning your trip.

Trusted Contributor

Sounds wonderful! A few places come to mind-

Banff, Canada; Ireland; Barbados; Hawaii

so many places depending on what climate you like, are you a summer person or more cool weather, beach or mountains....

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it