Honored Contributor

@elizabethl123 

I think your gift sounds lovely. I can't believe all the nasty comments I'm reading here. Imagine every time they see the time, they will think of you. Get the mantel clock, I think its a great idea! It's the thought that counts remember. And you are buying it with love and they will know that. Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Regular Contributor

ID2: What is in your mind? "I can't believe all the nasty comments".

These are not "nasty comments". 

Honored Contributor

@firestorm wrote:

ID2: What is in your mind? "I can't believe all the nasty comments".

These are not "nasty comments". 

@firestorm   I agree, there were no nasty comments here. But I have seen many by said poster through the years.

Esteemed Contributor

We just celebrated our 25th and got a clock, didn’t want it at all. My reason is ...... I have been in my house 24 years then we downsized and moved, we decorated the way we want and at this point in our lives we don’t need anymore things. We have exactly what we want. Now not to hurt feelings I am stuck with trying to figure out what to do with it. It’s leaning on the wall in my den. I can’t tell you the last time we even looked at it. Sorry if I sound unappreciative I am not, We specified no gifts and still got the clock. So this is my opinion. 

As for a gift, how about a nice restaurant gift card and a bottle of champagne. 

Oh by the way the clock was personalized so no return. 

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I can't believe all the nasty comments I'm reading here.

confused.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

There is not one nasty comment here, just opinions.

Respected Contributor

I don't see any nasty comments here.   She asked; people answered.

This may be considered nasty but the last thing I want is a mantle clock.    Meal out, yes.  Very nice bottle of champagne, yes.   Gift card, yes.  A 'thing', no.

Honored Contributor

@elizabethl123 wrote:

I THANK ALL OF YOU  BEST PLACE TO GET HELP    I LIVE IN PA  NIECE IN STATEN ISLAND  HER 2 SONS IN NEW YORK   LOL WILL CALL ONE SON AND WILL TELL HIM TO GET A GIFT CARD FOR THERE FAVORITE PLACE TO EAT IN NEW YORK  THEY GO THERE FEW DAYS A WEEK TO VISIT THERE NEW G/ DAUGHTER   I THANK ALL OF YOU     BLESS ALL OF YOU

@elizabethl123 

I think that's a great idea! They will love that!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

One thing we did for our Aunts, 50th  anniversary ,was a big hit, with her, and her family

We went though my mothers album ,and copied all of the old photos, of my aunt ,and uncle, and had them enlarged. My aunt had recently lost her husband, but her son, and DIL, insisted the day be marked  and celebrated anyway

The photos were so happily received. It meant a great deal to her, to have them. It was also fun for the other guests to see them

I honestly don't have a clue what we could have purchased for her, that would have given her more pleasure. They requested no gifts, and these were really more love tokens than gifts

Super Contributor

Well my 50th is in June and we are going to DISNEY WORLD!!!  Seriously. . fifth trip.. love the place.  And I still want stuff. . . I am not done. .  .I ride my horse and feel 50 or younger. . . give me a break!!!!