Honored Contributor

Re: 500 Acid Attacks in London in Last 12 Months

It would be nice if all guests came to the country and appreciated the differences of others.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Update: A couple of teen boys, 15- and 16 years old, have been charged with committing the most recent attacks and also related robberies.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Regular Contributor

That is horrible I have three friends that live in London and I have decided not to go visit now..............too much terror and I guess it is because their system of police is different from ours. I would have enjoyed being in London but not now. 

Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Shawnie wrote:

Just heard this on the news. Unbelievable. Gangs, petty crimes.  There were 7 in about an hour last night.  No guns so they toss Drano.  

@Shawnie

Not a surprise or unexpected to me? It's sad, but some of their #&@*" need to wake up and smell the coffee. And then we have that city here that has " " " "  happening and it has been going on and up for many years now. And some wonder why!

hckynut(john)

Oh, and I'm sure you're going to tell us. There are many large cities in the U.S. that have had high crime for years and years....through many decades AND political biases.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@ILoveFragrance wrote:

That is horrible I have three friends that live in London and I have decided not to go visit now..............too much terror and I guess it is because their system of police is different from ours. I would have enjoyed being in London but not now. 

The U.K police are excellent, and these are not terrorists attacks. They are primarily gang-related. Knives are harder to get now, so they have started using acid as a weapon

There is a push to make the acid less accessible to those who want to harm others.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Have mercy on us all.  The whole world has gone crazy.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I'm having a hard time figuring out the subliminal message in some of these posts.

ITA.

We need a Secret Decoder Ring.

Product Idea!  For the Q Community Chat Tribe.

QVC could sell a ring which could decode all these 

special messages.  #CalledIt

IMG_2191.jpg

Be sure to drink your Ovaltine?  A crummy commercial!!

Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Here in No.Calif, there is a big uptick of crime.  I hate to say it, but the long arm of the law seems to be invisible.