Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@tucsongal wrote:

I haven’t mentioned it until now, but I am in my fourth week of a furlough. My state is on the lower end of unemployment benefits and pays(at most) $240 weekly before taxes. The extra $600 has made a tremendous difference in paying for necessities.

@tucsongal, I'm sorry that you are in this too common of a predicament. I hope it eases for you sooner than later.

——————————

@suzyQ3 and others, thank you. I don’t usually share a lot of personal information here, but these comments kind of hit me where I live these days LOL. 

Trusted Contributor

@germanshepherdlove wrote:

What irritates me to no end is receiving the stimulus (both of us) when we didn't need it, didn't lose our job and was not in a hardship in any way, shape or form.  So why the heck did they send it to us!!!!!!!! I'm sure there are millions of people out there a heck of lot wealthier than us who also didn't need it. So what gives??????? Absolutely infuriating and a waste of taxpayer money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@germanshepherdlove  I do believe that the stimulus check was meant to be spent on "stuff" in order to stimulate the economy; get take-out, buy something online or at your local Lowes, Walmart, etc. Being honest, we and others I know used it to pay bills. 

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

@germanshepherdlove   I wondered that as well...DH and I don't need the stimulus, but we would like to be compensated for our loss in business income.  

If our business picks up soon and we have a decent month of May and we see that it will continue we decided we will not even apply for the unemloyment benefits for self employed.

We made it thru April with the income from March...May will be tight, but again if we see things going well, we will be gratefull for that.

Honored Contributor

What irritates me to no end is receiving the stimulus (both of us) when we didn't need it, didn't lose our job and was not in a hardship in any way, shape or form.  So why the heck did they send it to us!!!!!!!! I'm sure there are millions of people out there a heck of lot wealthier than us who also didn't need it. So what gives??????? Absolutely infuriating and a waste of taxpayer money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@germanshepherdlove   You do realize that there are income limits in terms of how much one receives.

Why so angry?  "Waste of taxpayer money" could be a description for...........other things that happened.  Just sayin'.

So...........did you donate yours?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Valued Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@germanshepherdlove 

I truly hope that those who have received this money who don't need it will consider donating to someone who does.  A group, perhaps, or anyone who is in dire straits.

@QueenDanceALot it really has placed us in an uncomfortable position being private people who are sheltering in place at home. 

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@germanshepherdlove 

I truly hope that those who have received this money who don't need it will consider donating to someone who does.  A group, perhaps, or anyone who is in dire straits.

@QueenDanceALot it really has placed us in an uncomfortable position being private people who are sheltering in place at home. 

@germanshepherdlove 

I don't think you have stay in an uncomfortable position.

Find someone or someones who would be helped with your money.

Then you can feel comfortable.

Honored Contributor

Donate the money to your local and/or national food banks.  @germanshepherdlove  

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I wonder how many of you who are complaining about the $600 are sitting at home, nice and safe, sending some poor soul into the stores to shop for you so you don't have to do it yourself, and manage to pay all of your bills without having to do anything.

Yeah, I'll stop now.

I feel my blood boiling over.

@QueenDanceALot 

Best wishes to you.  This has been a Chicken Fight all the way around.

Don’t know how to resolve, but I hope some brilliant persons with no personal agendas step up soon.

Where did all the smug sanctimonious people come from? 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@Moonlady wrote:

@happycat 

Well, I neither wrote nor signed the law...

And there are a lot of ideas being tossed around to compensate "essential" workers, from an extra $1920 per month, to a one-time, $25,000 bonus.

I'm sorry, @Moonlady, I didn't mean to sound snippy with you. 

I guess it came out wrong, its hard knowing how to take each other sometimes on this board. 

I just think of all the workers having to be around the public during this, or at the food processing plants, lots of jobs really, I feel for them all. 

Hopefully, these workers will be compensated. 

Valued Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@germanshepherdlove   You do realize that there are income limits in terms of how much one receives.

Why so angry?  "Waste of taxpayer money" could be a description for...........other things that happened.  Just sayin'.

So...........did you donate yours?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Cakers3 there are millions of people out there who have accumulated wealth during their working career.  How sad that this is not taken into consideration before the stimulus was handed out and based on income only; for our workforce who may be living from paycheck to paycheck or only have a month or two in savings before they're flat broke.