Honored Contributor

Re: 10 Officers Shot; 3 Dead in Dallas

So many divisions about so much in our country.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it could be considered political

Honored Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

I just saw the (graphic) video of the brave officer trying to stop a shooter who literally ambushed him.

The officer's gun was no match for the killer armed with an assault rifle.

Then another man, exercising his TX right to open carry a rifle, had his pic on national TV, with the statement that he was a subject.

He turned out to be innocent - his problem was that he had on a camo shirt and looked a certain way - making him immediately "suspicious,"

A horrific week.

What will our leaders do to address these issues?

Also - is this terrorism? I think so, absolutely.

********  I agree.  While DH and I are all for the right to bear arms, why would any normal everyday citizen "need" an assault weapon???  I also agree that the policemen should have weapons that match the shooters weapons.  We can't afford to lose our policemen.  Next thing that will happen is no one will want to be a policeman.  I couldn't blame them!  

Esteemed Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

I just saw the (graphic) video of the brave officer trying to stop a shooter who literally ambushed him.

Then another man, exercising his TX right to open carry a rifle, had his pic on national TV, with the statement that he was a subject.

He turned out to be innocent - his problem was that he had on a camo shirt and looked a certain way - making him immediately "suspicious,"

A horrific week.

********  I agree.  While DH and I are all for the right to bear arms, why would any normal everyday citizen "need" an assault weapon???  I also agree that the policemen should have weapons that match the shooters weapons.  We can't afford to lose our policemen.  Next thing that will happen is no one will want to be a policeman.  I couldn't blame them!  

Why bring an assault rifle to a peaceful protest?

Honored Contributor

Morning all. No motive yet, no anything yet other than 4 snipers (3 men, 1 woman), 1 sniper dead during the garage shootout, 4 dead officers, 1 female civilian shot (non life threatening injury) and sadly, reading comments on other boards that the officers deserved it and hope it happens more.

The fact that people THINK and BELIEVE this is part of the problem: NO ONE deserves to be shot or killed but it divides people into the "US vs THEM" mentality and.....no, just no.

I have my own feelings/thoughts/opinions on how this may go down in the weeks to come but I'm keeping it to myself; I want to be proven wrong.

Take care everyone!

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@jubilant wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

A horrific week.

Why bring an assault rifle to a peaceful protest?

The why is because they were trained,they had a plan.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC off topic/controversial

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It was one shooter, that did this?.

Valued Contributor

News conference now.  Dallas Police Chief said they cornered a suspect who said the motive for this was the police killings of black men.

The suspect was blown up by a device detonated by the Dallas PD.

You have sacrificed nothing and no one.
Esteemed Contributor

It was reported the shooter wanted to kill white people, particularly white police officers.  They aren't reporting any link to terrorism at this time.