Valued Contributor

Re: 10 Officers Shot; 3 Dead in Dallas

I didn't think that what happened over the last two days could get any worse.  I was so wrong.  

Super Contributor

I am stunned.  I cannot find words to adequately express how I feel.

Trusted Contributor

🙏🏻  😔 So very sad. 

Super Contributor

They just announced that a fifth officer has died.  💔

Esteemed Contributor

Someone in a garage parking structure took his own life after a firefight with the police. 

Still learning what the idiot/s shooters are all about. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

I am away on vacation in Québec and checked my email. I received many news alerts and as I began reading my heart broke. What horrific events. I am so sad over what is happening in our country. Saner heads MUST prevail.

Honored Contributor

What a sad time. The world is getting to be an unsafe place. While I am heartbroken and will always be distraught by violence...... this comes as no surprise to me.  Now we can't even have peaceful protests. We are being pitted against one another and we don't even see it. We are very naive, imo.

I thought about that old song this morning...."What the world needs now is love sweet love....it's they only thing that there's just too little of".  We better wise up. Our enemies want to pit us against each other.  They see our weaknesses and know how to exploit them.  If they can split us down the middle they will have the upper hand and it won't be that hard.  I am praying....much.

Honored Contributor

I just saw the (graphic) video of the brave officer trying to stop a shooter who literally ambushed him.

The officer's gun was no match for the killer armed with an assault rifle.

Then another man, exercising his TX right to open carry a rifle, had his pic on national TV, with the statement that he was a subject.

He turned out to be innocent - his problem was that he had on a camo shirt and looked a certain way - making him immediately "suspicious,"

A horrific week.

What will our leaders do to address these issues?

Also - is this terrorism? I think so, absolutely.

Esteemed Contributor

There's no doubt that this country has fallen from the waist sides.  I wasn't surprised at all at hearing this.  Hopefully, these snipers will be heading for death row.  

Honored Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

The demonstration had been peaceful and the police wanted to show their support of the peaceful assembly - tweeting out messages and photos tonight.  They were dressed in their regular uniforms, no bullet proof vests. 

Woman Sad

I heard some experts say that bulletproof vests are no match against the weapons used against them - plus most were killed by shots from above (head shots).