Honored Contributor

Re: 5 guys opened up at my mall

I ate at 5 guys one time because my grandkids wanted to go there.

I have celiac disease and ordered a burger without the bun.  I know it is difficult to mess up a burger, but they did.  It tasted awful. The beef was not good quality.

I don't eat burgers out, so I can't compare it to other resturants, but I didn't enjoy it.  Gross!

Honored Contributor

I am not a fan of the "fresh" meat at burger joints.  I would rather have some good meat shipped frozen that "fresh" stuff that has been dragged around the country "fresh."  Ick. 

Respected Contributor

Just a note on this matter, as I am no fan of hamburgers:  "Five Guys" is extremely popular in London. It's a dining destination there. 

Though if they do order fresh beef from the UK, the meat is probably fresh and good.  

Honored Contributor

Five guys is just okay.  As a kid, we had the best burger joints in town and nothing can compare.  One was called Joe's Grill and the other was a take out hut on the corner (can't remember the name).  However, I had the best burger not too long ago at Ruby Tuesday (a sit down restaurant).

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

FIVE GUYS is one of my FAVORITES for burgers.

LOVE the free peanuts also.

fries are addictive.

their burgers AND their fries are way above IN AND OUT, which i think is highly overrated.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I ate there once.  I wasn’t impressed.  I thought it was very greasy and too much burger and I am a meat lover!  LM

Respected Contributor

I’ve never been to ShakeShack. We live about 2 miles down the street from one of the original FiveGuys, but it closed to make way for a huge development. Whenever we go to FiveGuys, I get a junior cheeseburger with a regular order of  fries. Their fries are delicious and a regular order is enough for 2 hungry adults. In addition to using peanut oil, they have barrels of peanuts for customers to munch while they’re waiting for their order. This harkens back to their early days when they had takeout service only, but it would pose a problem for those with peanut allergies. Give FiveGuys a try!

Honored Contributor

i always take a bag of peanuts home!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

@songbird wrote:

I think I once had had a burger from them when I was in DC. Can't remember how I liked it.  But now 5 guys is at my mall, not far from the Shake Shack.  I  love the burgers at Shake Shack.  How do they compare?

It's my grandson's very favorite-10 years old-he loves the bacon chedder dog and the fries are the best. Oreo milkshakes-YUM!

Trusted Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

@KathyM23 wrote:

5 Guys is expensive and they use peanut oil so I cannot go there.  Peanut allergy. 

i just pulled up their menu. burgers range from 5-7 dollars.  i don't think that is expensive at all.  do they cook their fries in peanut oil? 

They are delicious, fresh, clean and bountiful servings!