Honored Contributor

Re: 5 guys opened up at my mall

I wonder if they will start using the pink slime meat now that it has been approved for use in the USA...I will make my own burgers with meat that I grind in my ninja.

Respected Contributor

I love Five Guys. I don’t think it’s greasy or expensive. They have a coke Freestyle machine.
Valued Contributor

THE BEST HAMBURHER JOINT ON THE PLANET.

Respected Contributor

Over priced and if you have a peanut allergy don't go in!!  Big open containers of peanuts.  They are delicious peanuts though.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

The last few months of his life, our dog ate a 5 Guys mini burger every night.  We'd buy a half dozen at a time, then freeze them.  Had he wanted caviar every night, he would have gotten it.Heart

Honored Contributor

They have peanuts in the shell to snack on while your order is prepared.  And my order took so long to prepare - and the store wasn't even busy - that I wasn't hungry by the time the burger was done.  I think the kids behind the counter were busy talking and doing other things.  I wrote the Corporate office, who apologized and offered me a free meal.  To receive it, I had to show the email to the store personnel.  Needless to say, I didn't bother and that was my first and last visit to Five Guys.

Respected Contributor

Never been to one.

Beck’s Prime is supposed to be good too. Never been there either.

We cook out our own yummy burgers on the grill,  so I don’t get them out anywhere really.. Except occasionally stopping at a What a Burger or a Dairy Queen and getting them to go.

-Texas Hill Country-
Trusted Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I ate at 5 guys one time because my grandkids wanted to go there.

I have celiac disease and ordered a burger without the bun.  I know it is difficult to mess up a burger, but they did.  It tasted awful. The beef was not good quality.

I don't eat burgers out, so I can't compare it to other resturants, but I didn't enjoy it.  Gross!

That was my experience exactly. I cannot eat the bun, therefore I had only the taste of the patty, if you can call it a taste. I threw it out. I haven't eaten a shoe sole but I'm sure it would be comparable.

Honored Contributor

There is a Five Guys near my office - people love it.  They use peanut oil so I can't go there, but I hear they are good.

Respected Contributor

The fries are really good. The burgers are soggy though. They are pretty expensive for fast food.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu