Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: 5 guys opened up at my mall

Love 5 Guys.

Honored Contributor

We finally had one open a couple of years ago. I just hope they do enough business to stay in business. If we go out to eat a hamburger around here that's where we go.

It's around $20 for DH to get a bacon cheeseburger with 2 patties & a small burger for me with 1 order of french fries. It's good & probably the best burger you can buy around here.

Most people around here are cheap & would rather eat a gross cheap hamburger from McDonald's.

We noticed 5 Guys started making their burgers a little smaller plus less fries with an order along with higher prices already since opening so they can stay in business.

When we eat at 5 Guys when we go to Fl you get a larger burger with a sack of fries.

Trusted Contributor

Love 5 guys...you have to try their french fries !!!! They are great ! you get a big cup and they are cooked in peanut oil freas and so so wonderful. I don't eat meat so don't know about the burgers, but they will make a grilled cheese with toppings on the non meat side of the grill.

Honored Contributor

I like Five Guys.  I get what they call a little cheeseburger with grilled onions and grilled mushrooms.  It's very good.  Their regular sized burgers are too big for me.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Since I've never heard of the brand, I can't even tell you where my mind went when I read the subject line. Oy.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

Love Five Guys!

Trusted Contributor

You have the option of ordering a single patty.  At least you do, in the States.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@songbird wrote:

I saw a couple of reviews at youtube.  Shake Shack seems to be the better option.  Gourmet beef  and never frozen, always fresh and very fresh ingredients.  5 Guys has fresh beef also and a bigger menu.   Price wise about the same.....though Shake Shack is slightly higher.  They had high praise for In and Out Burger.  That's a behemoth chain in California & states out West.  I loved them when I was out there.  Don't think they are coming East.  One review had them in Texas.  So maybe they're coming!  One reason they're not past Texas is that the burgers (like Shake Shack) are fresh, not frozen.  Maybe getting to the warehouses for meat?

@songbird

Yep 5 Guys opened up 3 places in our Texas city awhile back....But Whataburger is thē preferred burger place here......

It's an odd place where 5 Guys put there first place too---right in the midst of all the competition...we call it fast food alley....the street has a McDonalds, KFC, Taco Bell, Sonic, and Wendy's....across the street is Burger King, Wild Wings, Bill Millers BBQ......And Whataburger is in the next block down the street

About Whataburger.  The reviewer said (he's in Texas) that is the "best" burger.  But he liked (in order) In and Out Burger, Shake Shack, 5 Guys and Whataburger.  I lived in LA as a kid and I loved In and Out Burger.  Great if they do come East.  My husband had to go to LA (for work) and tried In and Out Burger.  He loved it too.  I think McDonald is still frozen burgers.   But the trend is fresh beef.

Beautiful In and Out Burger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQIExuYef3Y

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We have Five Guys practically on every corner, and I know some husbands of my friends who are completely hooked on them.   They were here for quite a while before I went and tried it.  One time for me and I'll never go back.  Both the burger and the fries were very greasy, esp. the burger.   UGH I thought it was dreadful. 

Since we don't have Shake Shack, I can't compare the two places. 

Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Since I've never heard of the brand, I can't even tell you where my mind went when I read the subject line. Oy.

Exactly what I thought. 😐

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt