Reply
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,340
Registered: ‎04-04-2015

Re: 5 Year old kills His Twin


@Lakelife62 wrote:

@lgfan wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

I'm curious if those who think there was no negligence involved in a 5 year old having access to a knife would feel the same if the child with the knife had stabbed himself accidentally and died.

 

 


Exactly, and what if it was THEIR child or grandchild who'd gotten stabbed?   So tired of some giving everyone a free pass and excuses for violent acts and crimes.  It was just an accident. A knife just happened into his hand and went into his twin.  Ok.  Parents were negligent and have a very troubled kid on their hands to do this.


 

 

I agree with you.  This attitude of kids will be kids is troubling.  Growing up I did not know of any child who murdered their sibling or anyone else.  For the people defending this little darling I am wondering if they would feel comfortable if their children/grandchildren played with him.


I knew a boy who killed his father with his father's service revolver. Kids still played with him at school and in the neighborhood. Nobody blamed his mother or him or called him a sociopath or evil.

I'd defend any child. I have children in my life and they are innocent beings. It's sad to me that adults view children as throw aways. But very indicative of the base and hostile times we find ourselves in.


Actually, the only "throw-away" I see here is the one who was killed.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,828
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: 5 Year old kills His Twin

All five year old children are not innocent beings. Some steal, some torture animals, and this one took a knife and knowingly plunged it into his brother. If this is an example of his behavior, then knives in that house should have been locked away. At least an adult should have been on hand to intervene and protect his innocent being brother.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,013
Registered: ‎05-09-2023

Re: 5 Year old kills His Twin


@Marp wrote:

How many of you with a young child in the house keep ALL sharp knives under lock and key except when in use?

 

I was cooking at age 5 so had ready access to kitchen knives at all times. 

 

I do not recall visiting any home as a child, an adult or even an elder where kitchen knives were stored in such a way that a child by the age of 5 could not access them.

 

This thread has migrated from discussion to a diatribe against the child, his parents, authorities and to an extent even fellow posters. 

 

No one here knows the circumstances before, during or after the stabbing.  No one here knows where the investigation stands at this point in time.  No one here knows the status of the child.  No one here knows any fact beyond a boy was killed by his twin and under California law the child is too young to be criminally charged. 


And...

"Based on the current investigation, there is no indication of negligence or criminal activity by any other party,” the sheriff’s office said.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,623
Registered: ‎06-29-2016

Re: 5 Year old kills His Twin

[ Edited ]

This reminds me of other threads in the past which debated whether "Bad Seeds" really exist or not.

 

Personally,  I believe that they do.  The "Bad Seed" is born.

 

A negligent parent or poor home environment isn't necessary to incite Bad Seed behavior, in my view.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,392
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: 5 Year old kills His Twin

To me the choice of weapon is not the important issue. He could've grabbed any sharp object and done the same thing.  As I posted before, what will happen when a classmate angers this boy?  Are we supposed to lock up all the scissors too?  The issue is why is this young child so full of rage that he could do this to his own brother?  No, we don't know all the details but I've worked with many troubled, angry kids this age and they have one thing in common---no stable home life and negligent parents.  A child doesn't just become violent for no reason.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,013
Registered: ‎05-09-2023

Re: 5 Year old kills His Twin


@occasionalrain wrote:

All five year old children are not innocent beings. Some steal, some torture animals, and this one took a knife and knowingly plunged it into his brother. If this is an example of his behavior, then knives in that house should have been locked away. At least an adult should have been on hand to intervene and protect his innocent being brother.


I disagree. They are innocent. If they torture animals they have psychological problems that need attending to. "Bad" kids, like "bad" dogs are created, not born.

It is okay to agree to disagree @occasionalrain 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,380
Registered: ‎03-29-2020

Re: 5 Year old kills His Twin


@occasionalrain wrote:

All five year old children are not innocent beings. Some steal, some torture animals, and this one took a knife and knowingly plunged it into his brother. If this is an example of his behavior, then knives in that house should have been locked away. At least an adult should have been on hand to intervene and protect his innocent being brother.


 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 65,634
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: 5 Year old kills His Twin

@occasionalrain@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes   Agree with you both. Professionals would likely concur there are, indeed, bad seeds. We know that many psychiatric disorders, including those that carry as a symptom a propensity toward violence, have physiological and/or genetic components. Not all 'bad seeds' erupted as such because of childhood mismanagement, disappointment, abuse and so on. It seems some bad to the bone people were just born that way, no matter how much some apologists might insist otherwise. I'm not personally suggesting that was the case here. We simply don't know enough about the circumstances to draw that conclusion. I'd also say that while I'm not one who is remotely interested in any autopsy results, those who are might be justifiably curious to know if the stabbing was one sad, misplaced lethal blow or whether there was a pattern of repeated stabbings, which potentially reflects a very different situation.


In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,528
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: 5 Year old kills His Twin

[ Edited ]

   I also think there are "bad seeds."

  I  really don't see how you can argue that. 

There are people who are born with mental problems/challenges who have no capacity for compassion,etc.

 

  Personally, like I said before, I have no idea whether this kid is evil or not.

I feel like people are just arguing for the sake of arguing here.

   No one knows what happened. I don't see the conflict being whether he's evil or not.

I see the conflict being over those who don't need the facts before making judgements/decisions and those who do.

I guess I'm someone who needs all the facts before making up my mind.

 

Edited to say: because there is a wise saying about assuming.....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz