Respected Contributor

Re: 5 Women Sue Duggar Related Group

@Christina042 wrote:

The two married daughters are going to have a Reality show of their own - or so I heard on The Talk the other day.  

Does anyone have any feelings about this, one way or the other?

@Christina042 wrote:

The two married daughters are going to have a Reality show of their own - or so I heard on The Talk the other day.  

Does anyone have any feelings about this, one way or the other?

Will not watch.

Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

I hope the women get huge financial awards.

The only thing this group cares about is money - they need to be hit in their pathetic wallet...and run out of business.

The group says they're going to move to Texas because Texas is less aggressive than Illinois in handling sexual abuse cases.

Sounds to me like they have no plans to stop abusing women and children.

Oh, the report also says many of the children molested by church members were also molested in their homes.  This was a conspiracy.

Texas is a hostile place for women, in general. The number of sexual assaults in Texas has risen in the last few years while the number people reporting the attacks has gone down because people are worried they will be treated poorly by the police here. They have reason to believe that, especially after two officers here in Austin left their own dash cam on and recorded themselves saying "go ahead and call the cops - they can't un-rape you." And if you're undocumented and get attacked, you'll get deported for speaking up. And everyone probably already knows the Texas State Legislature spends precious time every session cutting healthcare access for women AND children, including disabled children.

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

The only thing this group cares about is money - they need to be hit in their pathetic wallet...and run out of business.

The group says they're going to move to Texas because Texas is less aggressive than Illinois in handling sexual abuse cases.

Oh, the report also says many of the children molested by church members were also molested in their homes.  This was a conspiracy.

Texas is a hostile place for women, in general. The number of sexual assaults in Texas has risen in the last few years while the number people reporting the attacks has gone down because people are worried they will be treated poorly by the police here. They have reason to believe that, especially after two officers here in Austin left their own dash cam on and recorded themselves saying "go ahead and call the cops - they can't un-rape you." And if you're undocumented and get attacked, you'll get deported for speaking up. And everyone probably already knows the Texas State Legislature spends precious time every session cutting healthcare access for women AND children, including disabled children.

Awful.  Just awful.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

Thank you NoelSeven- I was referring to those who have been charmed by Gothard followers, not by any means the victims, a group which most certainly is far larger than these five women.

I am trying very hard to say nothing in violation of standards. I appreciate your correction of any ambiguity you perceived in my comment.

The more one learns about the Gothards and the Pearls and many others involved in this, the more empowered they can hopefully become. 

Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

Thank you NoelSeven- I was referring to those who have been charmed by Gothard followers, not by any means the victims, a group which most certainly is far larger than these five women.

I am trying very hard to say nothing in violation of standards. I appreciate your correction of any ambiguity you perceived in my comment.

The more one learns about the Gothards and the Pearls and many others involved in this, the more empowered they can hopefully become. 

violann, I appreciate your explanation. I was stymied by two sides.  I can't even conceive of someone backing Gothard and his group after the release of this latest information, but you're right, there probably still are people like that.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Esteemed Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

What a shame.  Those officers need to fired and loose all their pensions.  New laws need to be made as well.   

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

All I can add is follow the money.

See who funds them, and who receives funds from them.

Then 'out' those people / groups.

That's the most I can say here.

I hope the victims get some REAL help.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Frequent Contributor

I wouldn't mind it if the Duggars just went away.

Trusted Contributor

The Duggars have proved to the public they are not worthy of all the admiration they received from their show. They have lied,deceived and manipulated the people around them. Now the married girls are having their own show! Who is going to watch? The fairy tale is over! 

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

All I can add is follow the money.

See who funds them, and who receives funds from them.

Then 'out' those people / groups.

That's the most I can say here.

I hope the victims get some REAL help.

It's pretty well known that Gothard is funded by Hobby Lobby. They bought and donated the building where Gothard ran the program that Josh was sent to as a teen.