Esteemed Contributor

Re: 5 Women Sue Duggar Related Group

@Christina042 wrote:

The two married daughters are going to have a Reality show of their own - or so I heard on The Talk the other day.  

Does anyone have any feelings about this, one way or the other?

Yes.  They have no shame.  The audasity to think anyone would want to have anything more to do with them and their family, their stupid ignorance, their victim stances, and their boring ways is just too obscene and ridiculous. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Christina042 wrote:

The two married daughters are going to have a Reality show of their own - or so I heard on The Talk the other day.  

Does anyone have any feelings about this, one way or the other?

Oh, yeah, I have plenty of feelings about that. TLC really needs to make some changes to their programming and stop to look into why they have had MULTIPLE instances where shows had to be canceled because of child molestation and rape issues. They are working with the wrong kinds of people. It sickens me that they are profiting off of broken people who should be getting therapy or going to jail instead of being on reality television. No one is going to be helped by having every aspect of their lives televised and picked over by America. 

Honored Contributor

WHY this is important is because it's bringing child sexual abuse out into the open.

It often happens like this, behind closed doors by people those around them almost never suspect.

And true to form, there was a cover up.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

I used another source to quote from because I couldn't get the WashPo to C&P.

It's worth reading because it details the board conspiracy, the many charges against Gothard and how the women were so poorly treated and bullied.

Honored Contributor

A suggestion- for anyone who is truly interested in the sociological dynamics of the Institute, as well as the potential impact on the people who are involved, googling "Gothard" might provide some enlightenment.

A great deal of information is available online, and since there are strong feelings on both sides, the more informed the better.

Honored Contributor

I hope the women get huge financial awards.

The only thing this group cares about is money - they need to be hit in their pathetic wallet...and run out of business.

Honored Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

The only thing this group cares about is money - they need to be hit in their pathetic wallet...and run out of business.

There are many comments online that the money is so well shielded the actual resources of the group may never be fully revealed. Terribly sad business.

Honored Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

The group says they're going to move to Texas because Texas is less aggressive than Illinois in handling sexual abuse cases.

Sounds to me like they have no plans to stop abusing women and children.

Oh, the report also says many of the children molested by church members were also molested in their homes.  This was a conspiracy.

Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

A suggestion- for anyone who is truly interested in the sociological dynamics of the Institute, as well as the potential impact on the people who are involved, googling "Gothard" might provide some enlightenment.

A great deal of information is available online, and since there are strong feelings on both sides, the more informed the better.

There is no "other side" to child sexual abuse.  Or any kind of sexual abuse.

Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

The group says they're going to move to Texas because Texas is less aggressive than Illinois in handling sexual abuse cases.

Sounds to me like they have no plans to stop abusing women and children.

Oh, the report also says many of the children molested by church members were also molested in their homes.  This was a conspiracy.

ANOTHER reason why I'm happy to live in New York!