Respected Contributor

Re: 5 University Of Tampa and UT Spring Breakers Test Virus Positive

@Kachina624 

Gas prices are so low here in Big D that my SIL paid $1.00/per gallon at the pumps.  Would have been $1.70, but he had 70cents Kroger credit (groceries).

Still, not a good situation.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Esteemed Contributor

And kids probably went there from all over. They will go home and spread it. So disturbing.

Respected Contributor

Image result for karma is

Respected Contributor

Many areas are having problems keeping people off beaches

3/23

Crowds descended on California beaches, hiking trails and parks over the weekend in open defiance of a state order to shelter in place and avoid close contact with others.

California Gov. issued a shelter in place order directing the state's nearly 40 million residents to stay home beginning March 20 to help stop the spread.

Instead, many public spaces were packed, prompting officials in some cities to order parks, recreation areas and beaches to close.

Video and photos on social media showed groups of people standing in close contact of one another at popular hiking trails and beaches in Los Angeles over the weekend.

This weekend we saw too many people packing beaches, trails and parks," the Mayor tweeted. He said people should heed the closures and stay home. "That doesn't mean gather elsewhere. This is serious. Stay home and save lives."....
Honored Contributor

I am in Ohio and we are under an order to stay home.  As I stated in the thread I started, there are more exceptions to the rule than you can even imagine.  

While our parks are closed and the restrooms at parks and trails are closed, the hiking trails themselves are not.  The governor and dept. of health are encouraging people to get out and excercise. People are sick of being in their homes and walking their own neighborhoods so where are they going?  A friend of mine goes on a hiking trail all the time and normally it's pretty dead.  Last week it was jam packed with people walking.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
Respected Contributor

Gov. DeSantis was a dunce.  The local "beach authoirities" followed suit.  "Spring Break" should have never been allowed.  He should have ordered the localities to close the beaches if they hadn't already done so.

Honored Contributor

@pommom wrote:

@Kachina624 

Gas prices are so low here in Big D that my SIL paid $1.00/per gallon at the pumps.  Would have been $1.70, but he had 70cents Kroger credit (groceries).

Still, not a good situation.

@pommom   Yes, it's really going to hurt Texas economically and there is going to be a big loss of jobs everywhere in the oil patch.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

For people that are supposed to be university students, they're awfully dumb.