Honored Contributor

Re: 5 University Of Tampa and UT Spring Breakers Test Virus Positive

Speaking as an ex medical person, you want to stop transmission of people across the US. I've been saying it for the past week that the US needs to do something not seen since the days after 9-11. Shut down our airspace to domestic travel with the exception being only cargo transport.

It will help flatten that curve if we all shelter in place.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@JustJazzmom    Lots of people do dumb things but this governor's negligence borders on the criminal.  He was too wimpy to make a hard decision.

He is still doing better than our glorious leader!

Respected Contributor

@Spurt 

yep, he is the definition of following not leading.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@JustJazzmom    Lots of people do dumb things but this governor's negligence borders on the criminal.  He was too wimpy to make a hard decision.

@Kachina624 I'd like to know if he get back in!  Surely not!

Honored Contributor

@MorningLover wrote:

During a Monday morning news conference at The Villages, DeSantis used New York as an example of how a stay-at-home order can backfire.

“If you look at what happened in New York, when they did the stay at home order, what did people do?” he said Monday morning. “Well, a lot of people fled the city. ... We’re getting huge amounts of people flying in.” 

Should we halt domestic travel?

The NY governor chooses HUMAN BEINGS over businesses, imagine that!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Trusted Contributor

You cannot tell kids anything.  They think they are invincible.  Now they are going to go home and spread it to innocent people.  Those spring breakers were just stupid and ignorant.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 I'd like to know if he get back in!  Surely not!

@ECBG,  if you are referring to Florida's governor you are sorely underestimating the majority of Florida voters.  There is a tiny glimmer of hope the current situation will wake up enough people for changes to take place.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Frequent Contributor

I am more than a little bit angry!

Every day I turn on the TV and hear the president, governors and everyone else say these words "Practice social distancing...stop the spread of this deadly disease."    At no time did I hear anybody say everybody practaice social distancing EXCEPT all the young people who are shown shoulder to shoulder on the crowded beaches duriing spring break   Now they are telling us a lot of young people are being affected.  This is so unfair to the rest of the population who are trying hard to obey the rules and stay safe.  What is wrong with the governors of these states  and even our president..

Respected Contributor

@KarenQVC wrote:

These kids are wearing the Dumb Socks, not the Bombas.  They will get the hospital beds and the oldies will be on the hospital floors.

TRUE! I heard a DR. say that younger "victims" would get ventilators before seniors if push comes to shove and they have to pick. Wonderful. Great to know.

Respected Contributor

The Governor could choose to shut the beaches down and issue a shelter in place, but he doesn't. I blame him for allowing all this partying to take place.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu