Honored Contributor

Re: 5 University Of Tampa and UT Spring Breakers Test Virus Positive

I would be worried about children coming back to visit parents & grandparents after spring break possiblty exposing them to the virus.

Totally inappropriate for the Governor in FL to have kept venues open where many people gather. Now people will pay the price by having this virus be spread by more people. 

I just don't understand why people do dumb things against the advice of the      experts.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom    Lots of people do dumb things but this governor's negligence borders on the criminal.  He was too wimpy to make a hard decision.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 "Wimpy" is putting it politely.

Honored Contributor

Asinine might be the better adjective.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Spurt    We, and I'm sure Texas, have been badly hurt by the low oil prices in addition to the loss of tourist business.  Our governor is going to have to call a special session of the legislature to re-do the budget she just signed.  I'd rather pay more for gas.

@Kachina624 

Yep, its crazy Gas is $1.69 here ......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Asinine might be the better adjective.

@JustJazzmom  @Love my grandkids  @Kachina624 

Our Governor passed the buck to local authorities along the Texas coast.....Woman Frustrated
Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom That's still more polite than what I was thinking! but it sure fits.

Respected Contributor

Gov. DeSantis said today that he will sign an executive order that will force anyone who travels from New York or New Jersey to Florida to self-isolate for two weeks immediately after they land in the state.

While speaking Monday about whether he will lock down the state of Florida, Gov. Ron DeSantis said “huge amounts” of New Yorkers are flying to Florida despite the stay-at-home order they are currently under. DeSantis said there were over 190 flights from the New York City area to Florida airports on Monday.

“A lot of people fled the city and they’re going to stay with their parents, or they’re flying. We’re getting huge amounts of people flying in and we’re looking at how to address those flights,” DeSantis said. More than half of all U.S. coronavirus cases are in New York state, making it the epicenter of the U.S. outbreak.

DeSantis used the example to explain why he has not issued a stay-at-home order in Florida. “For every action, there’s a reaction,” DeSantis said. “We’re going to consider what makes sense for Florida.”

Officials in multiple states including New York, California, Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, New Jersey, Michigan and Connecticut are ordering residents to stay at home.

Respected Contributor

During a Monday morning news conference at The Villages, DeSantis used New York as an example of how a stay-at-home order can backfire.

“If you look at what happened in New York, when they did the stay at home order, what did people do?” he said Monday morning. “Well, a lot of people fled the city. ... We’re getting huge amounts of people flying in.” 

Should we halt domestic travel?

Honored Contributor

I'm not too familiar with this Desantis guy, but I don't think I like him too much based on his words.

He needs to what most other officials are doing and issue a stay-in mandate and stop worrying about flights coming in.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland