Respected Contributor

I was at lunch today and one of the ladies  said name 5 famous dead gents you would like to sit down and eat lunch with.

Not much time to think - but here are my 5:

Winston Churchill, William Wordsworth, Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley and John Lennon

I figure Winston would have some great quips - Wordsworth some great poetry - and a great sing along.

with the other three.

What are yours Ladies?

Honored Contributor

Re: 5 Dead Gentlemen for Lunch!

President George Washington, President John Kennedy, Robert Kennedy, Cesar,  Hitler (to find out why he was so sick and hateful).

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Mark Twain, George Washington, Jesus, my grandfather, Tesla.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

Jesus, Benjamin Franklin, Einstein, Hank Williams, Johnny Carson

The philosophical and intellectual conversation can be lead by the first three. Hank Williams will write songs based on their conversation, and Johnny Carson will provide comic relief and keep us all laughing.

Honored Contributor

Charlie Chaplin, Oscar Wilde, Dr. Martin Luther King Junior, Fred McFeely Rogers, Bill Hicks. But that's just my mood for today. Who knows who I would want for lunch tomorrow.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Amadeus Mozart, Marlon Brando, Thurgood Marshall, Salvador Dali, and Tennessee Williams.   

Respected Contributor

Tim Russert

MLK

Franklin Roosevelt

Abe Lincoln

JFK

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Occasional Contributor

My 5 would be BJ Thomas, George Harrison, River Phoenix, Hank Aaron, & James Dean. 

Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

I was at lunch today and one of the ladies  said name 5 famous dead gents you would like to sit down and eat lunch with.

Not much time to think - but here are my 5:

Winston Churchill, William Wordsworth, Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley and John Lennon

I figure Winston would have some great quips - Wordsworth some great poetry - and a great sing along.

with the other three.

What are yours Ladies?

@dulwich  And Lennon could mention to Churchill that his own middle name is Winston!

OK my 5 are David Janssen (whom I'd also like to see after lunch when the others have left ❤ 😈), Sam Sheppard whom I could hopefully get to admit killed his wife), Abraham Lincoln, John Lennon also but just so I could ask him about McCartney ❤),

my favorite college professor who died 3 yrs ago this month, with whom I stayed friends after college til his death. He had a great impact on my life -- if only I could see him again! I'm including him because he was famous in his field, including making TV appearances,, but by no means was a household name.

Respected Contributor

@deepwaterdotter - You beat me to Salvador DalI.  

Salvador Dali, George Carlin, Leonardo DaVinci, Galileo Galilei, Srinivasa Ramanujan