Esteemed Contributor

Re: 5,000 soldiers on their way home

My young officer son just started his duty assignment in Europe earlier this month.

Trusted Contributor

Many smiling faces and tears of joy the troops returning will see. Best news of the season.  Prayers answered.

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

Meanwhile, we're committed to sending 4,000 troops & 2,000 vehicles to Europe.

After all, 60,000+ US soldiers are already there.

I'm sure they are happier to be in Europe than the middle east.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Snowpuppy wrote:

I agree and yet recent events show us that no place is safe or stable anymore. Still, that's what soldiers do. They're deployed to wherever it's felt they're needed or will do the most good and right now Europe seems to be in need of a stabilizing force.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@Snowpuppy wrote:

I agree and yet recent events show us that no place is safe or stable anymore. Still, that's what soldiers do. They're deployed to wherever it's felt they're needed or will do the most good and right now Europe seems to be in need of a stabilizing force.

The USA has had strategic missle bases in European countries for decades. Of course these bases are manned by American military.The US marines also guard all our embassies in foreign countries. Now in the days of sattelites we have bases al, around thev world to keep track  of our satellites from communication & weather to spying we NEED those satellites.Of course all those bases are manned by American military.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@Snowpuppy wrote:

The USA has had strategic missle bases in European countries for decades. Of course these bases are manned by American military.The US marines also guard all our embassies in foreign countries. Now in the days of sattelites we have bases al, around thev world to keep track  of our satellites from communication & weather to spying we NEED those satellites.Of course all those bases are manned by American military.

All true...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

What a thoughtful thread, @ShowMe. ❤️  Thanks for this.   My prayers for a safe and peaceful holiday for all the military and their families.  (((@september))) and (((@queendiva)))

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know it's not likely, but I just wish they  could all come home, once & for all.