Valued Contributor

$5.00 off offer 10/22 and 10/23 ...Any one else use this?

I went online last evening to see what the TSV was. At the top of the home page was an offer for $5.00 off good only that day or today. I read the fine print and it said "$5.00 credit would show up at checkout." I decided to get a holliday item that was in one of the shows yesterday. When I went to checkout there was NO $5.00 CREDIT to be found. I thought maybe there was a glitch so I would wait till today to try again. Today the offer wasn't at the top of the home page, but I tried anyway to buy the item again... still no $5.00 credit at checkout. I called CS and the girl told me that the $5.00 credit was toward a future purchase and had I went through with my purchase it would show up. That wasn't the way the offer read and I find this deceiving on QVC's part. I know it's only $5 bucks, but still makes me angry. Anyone else use this? 

Trusted Contributor

Re: $5.00 off offer 10/22 and 10/23 ...Any one else use this?

I did not see this offer but it does sound misleading. 

Honored Contributor

There is another post about this under Fashion.  I had the same problem.  You can email the social team and they will apply the $5 for you.  I can't believe how many issues there are with this website.

Honored Contributor

It read the $5 would be taken off at checkout. The representative who said it would be on a future purchase was wrong.
Valued Contributor

UPDATE--Re: $5.00 off offer 10/22 and 10/23 ...Any one else use this?

Thanks for the info. I called CS and the lady took off the S/H of $5.50 for my order. Thanks again!

Esteemed Contributor

IRe: UPDATE--Re: $5.00 off offer 10/22 and 10/23 ...Any one else use this?

I saw this offer at the top of the home page this morning.  When I checked out, there was no $5 credit, so I didn't complete the purchase.  I thought I was seeing things, because when I looked at the home page again, that offer was gone.  So much for saving some money!

Esteemed Contributor

@country gal wrote:

I went online last evening to see what the TSV was. At the top of the home page was an offer for $5.00 off good only that day or today. I read the fine print and it said "$5.00 credit would show up at checkout." I decided to get a holliday item that was in one of the shows yesterday. When I went to checkout there was NO $5.00 CREDIT to be found. I thought maybe there was a glitch so I would wait till today to try again. Today the offer wasn't at the top of the home page, but I tried anyway to buy the item again... still no $5.00 credit at checkout. I called CS and the girl told me that the $5.00 credit was toward a future purchase and had I went through with my purchase it would show up. That wasn't the way the offer read and I find this deceiving on QVC's part. I know it's only $5 bucks, but still makes me angry. Anyone else use this? 

Sounds fishy!!! hope u didn't purchase. It's like the "new math."
Regular Contributor

When I checked out today the $5 credit didn't show up.  I contacted CS and "Stephanie" said the credit would show when the item shipped.  No chance that will happen.  QVC can't get their story straight!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

qvc.JPG

I got this email yesterday morning- but never got an initial email about a $5 offer. No menton of it on .com either! So I figured it was bogus- there are so many 'real' looking spam emails these days. Maybe I'll give it a try and see if it works, I was considering a couple of waitlist items.

Update-- it worked! Now let's see if the waitlist comes through!!! Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't see this particular $5 offer, but I understand what you're saying. I know that businesses have offers, but it seems like they also have so many restrictions on their offers. I love Macy's, but I usually have about a 10% chance of using one of my Star Pass discounts to work because there are so many exclusions. It's really frustrating.