Super Contributor

Re: 4th of July Message From a Veteran

The sign in the yard is a WONDERFUL idea. Last year we had a horrible problem with newly-legal fireworks going from May until well after the 4th. So many people complained the fireworks are now limited to 24 hours before and after a national holiday.

Many of the people who went to the city were vets who described how their PTSD and flashbacks were triggered by these stupid fireworks.

Valued Contributor

Marp2 ~ Thank you for such a thoughtful message.

Most importantly thanks to all those who serve/have served, their families too, so that we can continue to enjoy this holiday. With Love & Great Appreciation ~ sue

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give.
**Be the reason someone smiles today : )
Honored Contributor

Thank you for posting this, Marp.

I have always been concerned about the animals, but I did not consider the affect it could have on our veterans.

The noise is ramping up in my neighborhood as I type and I hope it quiets down soon.

Valued Contributor

KittyLou,

I had not thought about the effect on veterans either. May explain why my brother gets moody and testy around the fourth and New Years. Maybe I'll try to start a conversation with him about this even though I doubt he'll talk.

Esteemed Contributor

That is right people should think of that, but some people just wont care because people are so rude now days. Our neighbors were just shooting illegal fireworks in the field @ 1015 PM. We reported them before (last year) but nothing was done and the neighbors don't care. My husbands in bed and has to work @ 430AM. Not everyone has off all weekend! I feel like getting up at 4 and banging pots and pans and see how they like it!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles